Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200..On Network  (Read 824 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Z3200..On Network
« on: December 14, 2014, 06:19:45 pm »

Printing from Photoshop at the moment, and when I go into Print Setting under printers at first launch of Photoshop I can get in and make the changes. But then if I go back in it says
"beacause the requested printer does not exist", so I cant go back in and make changes. Also the changes I have made like paper size is not registered as It prints in a different orientation.

I thought it was my network cable, so I swapped it out. Same thing. I'm gonna switch ports next. But I'm starting to think the printer may have a faulty network card connection...Or something with Photoshop??? So unless I restart Photoshop it doesn't let me back in to Print Settings.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:25:33 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Z3200..On Network
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 06:45:28 pm »

Well, I just printed from LR with no issues, so I'm thinking this is a Photoshop or a Firmware issue?
The FW I have is a bit older(10.00.2). But I am kind of against FW updates. Unless I know what the firmware addresses, and if it does anything else.
I have experienced FW to cripple some functions due to either new policy or simple greed. (not particularly in this printer)

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 07:40:18 pm »

When you go to printers in Photoshop, make sure you have chosen the correct printer in setup.  Don't forget, there was a new printer added when reinstalling the driver.  Just choose the Z3200 PCL3 printer and you should be good to go.  Also, go into the printers area and make that the default printer.  As long as it works correctly in LR it shouldn't be a problem anyway.  But try my suggestion, above, and see if that's it.

Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 09:02:19 pm »

Either you can see what I'm doing, or you too have gone through these learning pains. Well it worked since I opened up PS agian, and now it did the same thing. No dice.

I am more used to sending files to an EFI rip and dealing with things in that program. Which has some powerful features. But now that I have a 44" vs 24" printer, I would need to upgrade for lots of money, which I just cant do now, or not willing to give it that much value. I think EFI was an extra $1000, and maybe $1800 for a 44" version? If I was making money on prints, perhaps I would get it. But these days magazines hardly require a proof, and the volume has gone so low.

Maybe for my own work, I will get Q Image, but not supporting CMYK or PDF files for other works is a bummer.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 02:33:50 pm »

So the main thing is to have Photoshop use either the default printer or you need to reselect the printer to reset the parameters that are already in place. When these are not in sync, and they somehow do get out of sync....Select another printer, and then back to the z3200. At least this works for me. Thanks for figuring that out Mark!
Pages: [1]   Go Up