Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'd love to hear your comments - Japan  (Read 1537 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
I'd love to hear your comments - Japan
« on: December 14, 2014, 05:28:02 pm »

I have posted a portfolio of my favorites from my recent trip to Japan and welcome your comments. I used the E-M1 exclusively on this trip, with the 12-60mm lens serving as workhorse and the 50-200mm available when I needed more reach. It was a family vacation and not a photo expedition, but I still managed to get a modest number of images that I am quite happy with.

Go to www.peteraitken.com, click "The Photographs," and then select the portfolio.

Lloyd Mayeda

Re: I'd love to hear your comments - Japan
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:17:04 am »

A beautiful portfolio of your trip to Japan. The images are wonderful and you and your E-M1 did yourselves proud.  Thank you for sharing!

We visited Japan recently (May 2013) and in addition to the many temples and shrines that you have captured so well, we enjoyed the cuisine and the way it is so attractively presented as for example at one of the Ryokans (traditional inns) where we stayed:

PeterAit

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 04:14:26 pm »

Thanks, Lloyd, for your nice comments. I agree 100% about the food and how it is presented! One almost hesitates to dig in and disturb the composition!

davidh202

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 09:36:21 pm »

Peter, my EM-1 is jealous and want's me to take it to Japan  ;-)
well done!
David

JozefM

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 04:18:50 am »

I like your photos, but they are in the 'good work', 'nicely done' area, not in the 'fantastic' and 'great' section. The photos are lacking of inspiration a bit, I think you should take more risks in composition, playing more with different angles of view, DoF, and so on ... you should be more daring with your pictures. If you fail with that in lots of photos, what is the problem? But if you succeed, there is so much more joy!
Jozef.

stamper

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2014, 05:54:25 am »

I like your photos, but they are in the 'good work', 'nicely done' area, not in the 'fantastic' and 'great' section. The photos are lacking of inspiration a bit, I think you should take more risks in composition, playing more with different angles of view, DoF, and so on ... you should be more daring with your pictures. If you fail with that in lots of photos, what is the problem? But if you succeed, there is so much more joy!
Jozef.

I can see where you are coming from however there were some - imo - that looked "different" from the usual tourist type shots. I liked most of them. Nicely processed. One nitpick. I would get rid of the numbering below the images. I see a lot of that on Flickr where the persons are too lazy to get rid of the LR Edit information and give their images a title. :o

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 10:01:38 am »

Very picturesque, Peter.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

PeterAit

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2014, 11:33:56 am »

Jozef.

Thanks, Jozef, I appreciate your comments. I do experiment some, but those photo rarely turn out well enough to inflict on strangers! Fact is, after 40 years photographing I have my style and its hard to break out of it - although it might be good for me.

PeterAit

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2014, 11:36:28 am »

One nitpick. I would get rid of the numbering below the images. I see a lot of that on Flickr where the persons are too lazy to get rid of the LR Edit information and give their images a title. :o

I don't like the file name display either, but I was not sure how else web site visitors could clearly identify a specific photo. I'll have to think about it.

JozefM

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 04:14:09 am »

although it might be good for me.
I think it WILL be good for you, break out of your comfort zone. I envie you, I would love to go to Japan too, and take photos, of Mt Fuji and so on ... but I can't afford it now. Oh well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up