Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update on Photography Conditions in Moab - Dec. 14, 2014  (Read 2445 times)

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
Update on Photography Conditions in Moab - Dec. 14, 2014
« on: December 14, 2014, 02:38:08 pm »

I recently completed a total overhaul of my photography workshop website.  I added a blog and I intend to use it to share tips and techniques, gear reviews and, importantly, real-time updates on the photography conditions in Moab.  I live in and shoot the Moab area year-round.  With over 10 years of experience getting to know the different seasons and conditions, I think I can offer some valuable insight.  Today I posted the first update following some significant recent snowfall.

I hope you find this to be a useful resource.  If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.  Please consider bookmarking the site and checking back from time to time to learn about current conditions.

Moab Photography Conditions - December 14, 2014
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:40:15 pm by bretedge »

sierraman

Re: Update on Photography Conditions in Moab - Dec. 14, 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 10:07:45 pm »

Thanks Bret for the update. I may be in Moab over Christmas so the info is helpful. I never get tired of watching the sunrise at Mesa Arch.  :)

bretedge

• Bret Edge Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 11:36:47 pm »

Thanks Bret for the update. I may be in Moab over Christmas so the info is helpful. I never get tired of watching the sunrise at Mesa Arch.  :)

Me either, although my favorite spot at which to enjoy sunrise is Dead Horse Point.  Quieter, fewer people and for some reaosn, it just resonates with me.  I go up there every once in a while without a camera just to sit on a rock, breathe the fresh air and watch the canyon light up.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:09:55 pm »

Nice. Where were all the people? There must have been about 40 when I was there in March!

Jeremy

sierraman

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 07:22:47 pm »

Nice. Where were all the people? There must have been about 40 when I was there in March!

Jeremy
There were plenty of other photographers present. I've been there after a tour bus let off it's load right about the time the sun was in just the perfect position and had at least 100 people running in front of my camera!  >:(

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 05:20:51 pm »

Not cool! We just came back from our first visit to Moab on Monday the 19t of Jan. Loved it. We'll definitely be coming back and I'll be checking your site.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up