Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Temples at Bagan, Burma  (Read 3794 times)

shadowblade

Re: Temples at Bagan, Burma
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2014, 07:35:15 pm »

I am surprised that with digital you need a green filter.
Even the 'in-between' versin the green is so intense that the orange of the temples on the right hand side make them look like poor-quality image combination. I think it is just the colour tonality between the green and orange just don't match up. Sorry...I have been to Pagan and think it is a magical place, and your other images capture it completely. I don't even think it is a case of representing reality, but the way the green progresses to the distance in a way that the orange in the other versions do very differently.
The third one - with the greens - is wonderful.  I wouldn't change a thing in this dreamworld.

This is why adjusting colours is the uniquely-frustrating part of image processing for landscape photography.

Some people like Velvia or Kodachrome and find other films drab-looking. Others prefer Provia or Portra and find Velvia and Kodachrome over-the-top. Others still prefer monochrome. Some prefer warm tones/WB, others cool tones, others split tones. And, unlike with portraits, where there is a fixed reference point to adjust to (skin tone and saturation, corrected for lighting) there is no such reference point with a landscape.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up