Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Video Cam For Quality Youtube DIY Videos..  (Read 2582 times)

Steve Weldon

• Bangkok Images
Best Video Cam For Quality Youtube DIY Videos..
« on: December 11, 2014, 11:27:05 pm »

I was hoping someone here would have the expertise..

Here's what I have.   5dII and lenses, lights, everything.   Sony a6000 with 3 lenses.  Fuji x100, x30, x31, and other P&S's..

What I'd like:  Quality video that's easy to use for making DIY videos where one minute I set it down (so it needs some sort of sandbag base or small foot of some type) and back away to film myself talking or explaining something, I can put my hands in front of it with something small so the viewer can clearly see it, and then maybe I'll set it on the table pointed at something I'm working on, and then maybe I can walk with it?   

I was thinking of a GoPro, but will this do all of the above?  And do the audio?  Or maybe I want a wireless mic I can wear?  It should be able to get a bit of oil on it, maybe some solvents, metal chips, dust..   

Maybe I need more than one?  Something I can plug into the USB port of my laptop for bench use, and something more mobile to take with me to the range?

Same with lights..  I'm assuming I'll need some hot lights?  Is there something not too expensive or big that are easily portable?

Any help would be appreciated.  Since being back in the states the photography market was saturated so I decided to do something else until I move back to Bangkok.. so I started a business teaching firearms instruction and gunsmithing.  I  like to write DIY's for my website and biz facebook page..   

Thank you.   Any advice would be very much appreciated.
----------------------------------------------
http://www.BangkokImages.com

Chrisso26

Re: Best Video Cam For Quality Youtube DIY Videos..
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 10:29:57 pm »

What about the 5D2?
You might need a macro lens.
Often tv is shot in stages with one cam, then edited together. this is what I do DIY to be honest, although a two camera set up is quicker easier.
Anyway, shoot the segment with a wider shot.(I think separate audio is best, with a wearable mic).
Then shoot the close-ups separately, trying to feel like the same pace you made those moves in the first take. Then, make your edit in FCPX (or other video editor)) the long take, the wide shot. And keep cutting in your closer shots for detail (keeping the audio from the wide shot).
Pages: [1]   Go Up