Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014 deadline  (Read 904 times)

steve_watkins

Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014 deadline
« on: December 10, 2014, 06:36:46 am »

Hi,

Just a heads up that the deadline for entering Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014 is midnight GMT this Sunday, 14th December. There are some great prizes, and the overall winner is going to be heading off next April to the Arctic on an amazing dog sledding expedition, the Fjällräven Polar. You get all the kit you need to stay warm and safe on this 4-day journey into the Scandinavian wilderness. You may even get to see the Northern Lights! You can find out more about the Polar trip here: http://www.fjallravenpolar.com/

There are great prizes for the category winners too, and the winners' images will be exhibited at the Telegraph Outdoor Adventure & Travel Show at London ExCel in February (the overall winner will be announced live there too!).

There are categories for landscape, wildlife, nature, adventure and underwater, and it costs just £8 per category to enter up to 8 images. To enter Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014 just go to: http://www.opoty.co.uk.

Cheers,
Steve

Torbjörn Tapani

Re:
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 02:01:30 am »

Wow. Be sure to read the draconian terms and conditions first. 

" The participant consents and irrevocably assigns to Fjällräven and Fjällräven's successors and assigns any rights, in perpetuity, throughout the universe, to exploit, in whole or in part, any and all information and documentation, such as photographs, film footage, interviews and performance data, that is produced in connection with his/her participation"

Throughout the universe. That is some far reaching terms and conditions :-)

steve_watkins

Re: Outdoor Photographer of the Year 2014 deadline
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 07:38:57 am »

Hi Torbjörn,

I think those terms and conditions only apply to the material that Fjallraven generate themselves (they have professional photographers and film crews covering the event) rather than anything that the participants generate during the expedition.

I know there hasn't been any use by Fjallraven of images produced by participants in last year's event.

Cheers,
Steve

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 08:10:48 am »

They had to do something - the Flickr site on Antares Prime is full of ripped off images

Torbjörn Tapani

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 10:19:14 am »

Hi Torbjörn,

I think those terms and conditions only apply to the material that Fjallraven generate themselves (they have professional photographers and film crews covering the event) rather than anything that the participants generate during the expedition.

I know there hasn't been any use by Fjallraven of images produced by participants in last year's event.

Cheers,
Steve

Maybe, I don't read legalese.

"6. The participant guarantees that he/she is entitled to any and all rights to the documentation (in particular but not limited to images, videos and texts) which the participant posts on social media sites and that no third party rights are infringed. In addition, the participant exempts and will hold Fjällräven harmless from any and all third party claims asserted against Fjällräven based on the participant's documentation. The participant transfers to Fjällräven any and all rights to such documentation, free of charge, exclusively and unlimited in terms of time, place and content."

steve_watkins

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 10:33:58 am »

Hi Torbjörn,

I'll check with Fjallraven, but I know that they haven't made any claim on images or video taken by participants last year as far as I am aware. They produce their own material that they use for all their online, print and social media coverage.

Cheers,
Steve

NancyP

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 07:13:55 pm »

Chairman Bill wins this thread.

Pages: [1]   Go Up