Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pros & Cons - New Pentax 645Z or second hand Phase One P45+  (Read 29757 times)

Omni Images

• Omni Images
Re: Pros & Cons - New Pentax 645Z or second hand Phase One P45+
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2014, 02:20:56 am »

OP here....
Almost finally made up my mind.
Seriously considering going for the P45+ back.
Did a trip to Sydney in the past few days and dropped into L&P this morning, spent a few hours in there looking at my options.
I do have to go to Sydney again on Monday and intend to have a look at the Pentax 645Z ... but I'm sure my mind is made up.

I want to buy into a system that is versatile.
Buying a back and the body will enable me to also use the back on a technical body such as Alpa Cambo etc ... and having the phase One body and the Tech camera will also allow me to up grade to a higher back in time ... the P45+ will also hold value I feel, and upgrades from there will less painful once bought into the system.

Both cameras can also take the very best of lenses too, so upgrade options are available for both bodies in backs and lenses.

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2014, 02:27:14 am »

Hi,

I wish you good luck and happiness with your choice of equipment and I hope you are going to share your experience!

Best regards
Erik Kaffehr

OP here....
Almost finally made up my mind.
Seriously considering going for the P45+ back.
Did a trip to Sydney in the past few days and dropped into L&P this morning, spent a few hours in there looking at my options.
I do have to go to Sydney again on Monday and intend to have a look at the Pentax 645Z ... but I'm sure my mind is made up.

I want to buy into a system that is versatile.
Buying a back and the body will enable me to also use the back on a technical body such as Alpa Cambo etc ... and having the phase One body and the Tech camera will also allow me to up grade to a higher back in time ... the P45+ will also hold value I feel, and upgrades from there will less painful once bought into the system.

Both cameras can also take the very best of lenses too, so upgrade options are available for both bodies in backs and lenses.

Erik Kaffehr

Omni Images

• Omni Images
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2014, 02:39:32 am »

Thanks, Erik, I sure will.

Being a water guy I like the option that there should be a few water housings out there for the Phase One too ... even though it's listed as "no longer available" ... I'll find one sooner or later.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/996754-REG/aquatech_11601_meridian_80_sport_housing.html

Up-date, just e-mailed AquaTech about this housing, for those interested in one too..

We have some mate we did a run of 25 units and sold them pretty quickly and we made another 25 which most went to phase one.
I am pretty sure we have 5-7 units ready to go. Let me know what lenses your going with and I can get you a good price on this.
Regards,
---------------------------------
Phil Gallagher
AquaTech
www.aquatech.net
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 05:48:42 am by Omni Images »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up