Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad H4D tethered w MacBook Air  (Read 8039 times)

Greg Haag

Hasselblad H4D tethered w MacBook Air
« on: December 07, 2014, 08:21:45 pm »

Is anyone shooting with Hasselblad H4D tethered w MacBook Air?  If so, are you pleased and could you tell me where you got your cable please.
Thanks in advance!
Greg

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
Re: Hasselblad H4D tethered w MacBook Air
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 06:44:15 pm »

I am not sure about the question. You need a Firewire cable (9 pin to 9 pin presumably) and a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter. I have H3D to iMac but it should be the same.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

Greg Haag

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 07:56:33 pm »

I am not sure about the question. You need a Firewire cable (9 pin to 9 pin presumably) and a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter. I have H3D to iMac but it should be the same.

Bob,
Thanks for responding!  Really 2 questions, First, if this setup with Firewire & Thunderbolt to Firewire is what I need and Second, if anyone is using this with the Macbook Air how its working for them.  I did order the adaptor today, so hopefully it will work!
Thanks again,
Greg 

Ghaag

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 04:28:31 pm »

In case this will answer someones question in the future.  I did order a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter to see if I could shoot tethered with my MacBook Air and Hasselblad H4D-40, just went thru my first shoot today and it work flawlessly!

BobShaw

• Aspiration Images
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 05:30:11 pm »

One thing I tried which didn't work so great was to have a portable firewire drive daisy chained into the link. It worked sometimes but then locked up. I had to end using a portable USB drive for the storage.
Website - http://AspirationImages.com
Studio and Commercial Photography

wnichols

• Irvine Headshot Photographer
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 09:04:45 pm »

Before I switched to Phase I shot almost exclusively tethered to my macbook pro with an H4D40 -

I used to have a ton of problems, lockups, corrupt images, etc.  It was my cable.  I ended up buying the Tether Tools FW cable, kept it under 15ft and it was rock solid from the day I did that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up