Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gray squares in grid view with filename and date....  (Read 739 times)

rockne

gray squares in grid view with filename and date....
« on: December 07, 2014, 03:46:57 pm »

but no image.  using filename the corresponding image not found in computer.  using an iMac .  not really widespread. 

John Caldwell

Re: gray squares in grid view with filename and date....
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 07:59:44 pm »

The grayed-out files are missing, as shown by the upper right hand corner ! in your grip view, and no preview may ever have been generated - hence your blanks. When you explore your Vacations > Montauk folder, I trust the files aren't there? If the files are genuinely absent, and a Finder Search fails to reveal them, the problem is of course bigger than a missing LR preview.

John Caldwell

rockne

Re: gray squares in grid view with filename and date....
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 10:40:48 pm »

when the ! is clicked, while in the grid view, that blank then opens up into the loupe view.  i have had missing files with the ! in the upper right hand corner and when i click the ! i always get the message that the file is missing.

with these blanks there is no such message.

your correct, the files aren't in the Montauk folder.  i'm confused over how a filename can be generated, with NO IMAGE and none to be found.
your suggestion that if the files are not there then the problem is bigger than a missing LR preview sounds ominous.  can you elaborate on that.??

those images were taken in 2010.  i went back to check the entire year.  there were a few blanks in march, a couple in july, most were in october and a few in november.  reviewing the images i can see that the important ones are still there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up