Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oursourcing Dibond mounting  (Read 1056 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Oursourcing Dibond mounting
« on: December 06, 2014, 08:14:56 am »

I am hoping to present a show next Spring consisting of large (for me, anyway) prints, up to 24" by whatever. I would prefer to mount them on Dibond but do not have the equipment or skills. Can someone suggest a place where I can send finished prints for mounting?

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Re: Oursourcing Dibond mounting
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 08:29:44 am »

I am hoping to present a show next Spring consisting of large (for me, anyway) prints, up to 24" by whatever. I would prefer to mount them on Dibond but do not have the equipment or skills. Can someone suggest a place where I can send finished prints for mounting?

Where do you live?

If you are anywhere in or around the Toronto area I would highly recommend SML Graphics in downtown Toronto. You can get a good appreciation of their approach from my article on Aluminium mounting published on this website.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 10:43:52 am »

Where do you live?

If you are anywhere in or around the Toronto area I would highly recommend SML Graphics in downtown Toronto. You can get a good appreciation of their approach from my article on Aluminium mounting published on this website.

I am in North Carolina. A local service would be ideal, but it could be managed by UPS if needed, I think.

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 10:58:26 am »

Peter, you'd most likely be best off confining your search to the domestic USA in that case. Once the international border is involved it gets complicated. This is no more the world's longest unprotected border and any notion of free trade has had the s..t hammered out of it by the bureaucracies on both sides and the shippers who take advantage full of it to s...w us.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

plui

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 01:14:21 am »

A local sign shop may probably have the equipment and experience with cutting and mounting substrate to dibond/acm and laminating as well.

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 07:11:51 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up