Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another New Exp. with an old printer (even the new one will have this issue)  (Read 524 times)

aaronchan

Sorry about the long title.

I have been doing large format printer for quite some time.
I have used Epson, Canon and HP before.
Here is what's going on with me right now:

I'm currently printing a big job which you can see on my other post with a 9880.
And the size of the print is 18" x 68" on Hahnemuhle PhotoRag 308 paper.
After the print is done, I will send to my partnership company to do gold foil (hot stamp) on top of the print in certain area.

Here it comes the strange thing, prints after prints, some print does not match with the screen that we made for the gold foil.
Some image is abou 2mm - 3mm longer on the long edge.
After a long debate with my partnership company, I called Hahnemuhle, they said their paper will never stretch like this.
So I've called my Epson dealer.
They said all Epson printer, even the newest 9900 will have +/-0.2% line accuracy tolarence.
Since my prints are about 1.7m long, 2-3mm is an acceptable tolarnce in it's case.

Thank god my partnership company found a way to work around the image to get a perfect gold foil print, but of course, it will take much more time to do it. But at least it is still "doable".

I hope this information can help someone who will need to do post work on their large format print in the future.

Thanks
Aaron
Pages: [1]   Go Up