Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tepui in Venezuela  (Read 1028 times)

dreed

Tepui in Venezuela
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:40:48 am »

Has anyone here traveled to and photographer the Tepui region around the border of Venezuela, Brazil and Guyana?

davewolfs

Re: Tepui in Venezuela
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 12:55:33 am »

Sadly Venezuela is not safe right now. Especially if you are a tourist.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 01:14:44 am »

Hi,

Yes, I have been there a few times when I was living in Venezuela. I could probably be more helpful if you let me know what specific info are you looking for.

dreed

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 06:58:26 am »

Yes, I have been there a few times when I was living in Venezuela. I could probably be more helpful if you let me know what specific info are you looking for.

Well the first thing that got my attention was the tallest waterfall in the world. That happens to be in that region and after that, some of the geography with those great bit buttes ("tepui"?) looks a bit interesting to photograph. So it kind of got me curious...

soboyle

• shaunoboylephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 03:20:30 pm »

I've been to Canaima in Venezuela. We were in the country when the price riots broke out in Caracas in 1989. A bad scene where martial law and curfew were imposed for a while, but we were on Isla Margarita at the time so didn't see any of the violence. Because of the riots, all tourists canceled reservations at the Canaima resort, so we were able to go at a fraction of the usual cost. At that time Canaima was booked over a year ahead and very expensive. It's a spectacular area, the lodge overlooks large waterfalls. We did river tours in motorized dugouts, a flight up to angel falls, hikes to see orchids in the forest near the tepui's, and swam in the tannin rich river waters. Highly recommended.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:33:33 pm by soboyle »
Pages: [1]   Go Up