Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: missed opportunities while at day job  (Read 12550 times)

JJP

missed opportunities while at day job
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 09:12:50 am »

Merry Christmas folks,
I've got a question:  Just suppose I did manage to sneak a few images while at day job, do I have the rights to the images since I done so on company time?  Furthermore, what if I got the images during coffee break time?  
jules
JJ

gr82bart

• http://www.artliem.com
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2005, 09:58:20 am »

Well, I am the 'boss' plus I work for a company that's very flexible so I don't have this problem of taking a shot 'on company time'. Unless you're working in a position where doing 'your thing' for a few minutes is disruptive, I would think most 'supervisors' would be pretty flexible on this if you asked. Then again, I have met quite a few anal people in my life....

As for the copyright, I see you are in Canada, so it depends on why you took the picture. Plus did you use the company's equipment? Copyright laws in Canada are vastly different than in the US.

When I worked for a large corporation in Canada, all my pics that I took for the company were copyrighted and licensed by the company. When I was contracted to do some images for a Canadian subsidiary, it was the same thing. Since I was commissioned to take the photographs for that company, they owned the copyright and usage rights.

So the bottom line is it depends who paid for them.

Regards, Art.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 12:54:48 pm by gr82bart »
Visit my website at [url=http://www.gr82

DarkPenguin

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2005, 12:51:31 pm »

I've had exactly one supervisor who wouldn't fire me for pursuing a "hobby" when they are paying me to do something else.  (I'm pretty sure he would just yell at me.)  So I'd make sure no one knows I have such a hobby.  And if you have done so I'd be careful.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up