Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AT&T 220  (Read 1088 times)

Paul Gessler

AT&T 220
« on: November 29, 2014, 03:52:50 pm »

AT&T 220 Building, Downtown Indianapolis

Paul Gessler

Re: AT&T 220
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 03:10:14 pm »

Any comments on this one? I'm trying to continuously improve my work: comments/criticisms on composition, technique, post-processing, etc are all more than welcome.

I like trying interesting perspectives on certain buildings like this one: its exterior design is very clean/plain and repetitive/geometric. But I'm not sure if I took it too far on this shot.

Is the image visible? Someone told me there were problems with another of my posts, but I can see my image just fine when logged in or out and on multiple machines and also other forums. Thanks in advance for any feedback.  :)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 07:32:00 pm »

You successfully demonstrated one "rule" of architectural photography: with skewed perspectives, at least one building edge should be parallel to the image edge.

I am no so sure with the overall tonality of the image... a bit to muted/cyan-ish? That, of course, is highly personal. As for the design, while it is indeed clean, it is also a bit too plain, i.e., bland. In cases like this, I sometimes experiment with different white balances. Or black and white - in this case it might work better, as the color is neither particularly impressive itself, nor appears necessary to underscore your initial intention: design.

Paul Gessler

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 08:39:17 am »

Thanks for your comments Slobodan. I think you might be right about the color - I was trying to show in the reflections that the clouds were surrounding the building (and I liked the way they blended together at the edges) by using the sky color, but I suspect the same effect could be achieved in B&W using a suitable mix of colors in the conversion.

Paul Gessler

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 06:51:10 pm »

A first attempt at a B&W edit. I think I like it better than the color version. Thoughts?

Pages: [1]   Go Up