Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9600 horizontal lines  (Read 1848 times)

Lynn Williams

Epson 9600 horizontal lines
« on: November 29, 2014, 10:29:17 am »

Hi,
I am trying to resurrect an Epson 9600 that sat unused for quite sometime. The person I bought it from had the head, dampers and pump and cap replaced just prior to replacing the printer. Here is the problem that I am having with it. I have had horizontal lines in nearly every picture that I have printed with it. Last night I did a first level clean, a nozzle check (good) the printed an 8x10. The image printed fine until about a third of the way down the page the faint horonzontal lines appeared and then progressively got worse. Immediately after the image printed, I did another nozzle check which showed several gaps. Parameters: printer reset to factory defaults, recent head alignment, no error codes, image printed directly from IPhoto, printer managed the colors, printed at 720.

There has been no serious cleaning efforts. No cleaning fluid run through it, no solvent on any pads. Only one deep cleaning and several 1st and second level cleanings with no help.  Iseem to get good nozzle checks then lines on the print. I'm fairly certain the problem is related to a dried ink clog(s) somewhere in the ink system. The question is, can this issue ever really be resolved, especially since Epson no longer supports this printer and parts are not readily available.

I am not a professional, just bought the printer to print some of my photography for the walls in my home. When it prints, it does a great job.

Damper issues or the pump comes to mind, however I don't have enough in-depth knowledge or experience with this printer to have an informed opinion. So maybe somebody has solved the same issue. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Before/after nozzle checks and the latest image are attached.

Thanks

langier

• Celebrating Rural America, the Balkans and beyond
Re: Epson 9600 horizontal lines
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 11:56:29 am »

Try changing your parameters from "high-speed" to slower which I think is unidirectional printing. I had a similar issue with my 7600 and slowing it down solved my problem.

HTH,
Larry Angier
ASMP, ACT, & many more! @sacred_icons
https://angier-fox.photoshelter.com

huguito

Re: Epson 9600 horizontal lines
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 12:47:11 pm »

Hi Lynn
I also have a 9600 and when is working fine it really sings.
Check the wiper, make sure is free of debris, otherwise everytime you do a cleaning fresh garbage is smeared over the face of the printhead.
Also fold a paper towel in two, wet it with regular windex, and park the head in top of it for an hour or so.

Print few images with a wide range o colors before attempting more cleaning cycles

Hugo
Pages: [1]   Go Up