Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56   Go Down

Author Topic: Fun with medium format images  (Read 306796 times)

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
Re: Fun with medium format (Artsy thread)
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 04:34:11 pm »

Dave,

Some very nice images! No surprise really, I have seen quite a few great images of yours before!

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

peterv

• facebook
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2014, 05:44:45 pm »

Nice images in this thread. At the moment I do mostly landscapes and more abstract shots for hopefully an exhibition, next year. The landscape is north-west Friesland (Netherlands) and I titled the abstract 'Dante Was Here'.
Both shot with the Leica S2 and the 120mm CS.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2014, 09:37:17 pm »

Thanks for the kind words. The scene is on the bay, although it looks like the ocean. We live in paradise on Long Beach Island, NJ. We got killed with Sandy, and were homeless for 6 months. The scene was NOT Sandy, but a rather routine storm we get here often.
Very best regards
Dave

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2014, 10:03:28 pm »

May I be so bold to refer you to my web site to see my Father 's work. He died when I was three, and he was only 29. His negatives were lost for 72 years, and recently recovered, and returned to me. I only saw a few of his original prints; although he was published nationally in several Salon magazines. When I saw his negatives for the first time, I thought I was looking at my own negatives. We photographed the same scenes on LBI, IN THE SAME STYLE!! I scanned his medium format negs with a Nikon Coolscan 8000 and dodged, burned the edges and corners, and printed in the style and spirit of my Father, whom I do not remember. If you go to the link, and see my Father's work, please also look at my B&W page, and look at my B&W images.....do they look like my Dad's?
Very best regards, and thanks for looking....you will really enjoy this story with a magnificent happy ending
Dave
http://www.modernpictorials.com/alexander_gurtcheff_images_circa.html

synn

• My fine art portfolio
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2014, 10:31:48 pm »

Sorry to hear that your family is still fighting the battle, Guy. Wish your wife all the best.

I would love to contribute to this thread, but I am in the midst of a major move now with my cameras and editing gear all packed up for shipment. I'll post something in about two weeks' time.
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2014, 10:40:02 pm »

May I be so bold to refer you to my web site to see my Father 's work. He died when I was three, and he was only 29. His negatives were lost for 72 years, and recently recovered, and returned to me. I only saw a few of his original prints; although he was published nationally in several Salon magazines. When I saw his negatives for the first time, I thought I was looking at my own negatives. We photographed the same scenes on LBI, IN THE SAME STYLE!! I scanned his medium format negs with a Nikon Coolscan 8000 and dodged, burned the edges and corners, and printed in the style and spirit of my Father, whom I do not remember. If you go to the link, and see my Father's work, please also look at my B&W page, and look at my B&W images.....do they look like my Dad's?
Very best regards, and thanks for looking....you will really enjoy this story with a magnificent happy ending
Dave
http://www.modernpictorials.com/alexander_gurtcheff_images_circa.html

Very moving story and nice images David from you and from your father!

Cheers,
Bernard

jerome_m

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2014, 01:28:10 am »

f you go to the link, and see my Father's work, please also look at my B&W page, and look at my B&W images.....do they look like my Dad's?

What do you think of these two?

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2014, 08:33:31 am »

I like them :)
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2014, 11:16:48 am »

Hasselblad, 40mm

Dupont Circle, Washington DC:

Heidelberg:

London (St. Pancras):

San Jose, CA:

Jim

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2014, 12:09:19 pm »

Jim,

Thanks for sharing!

Images from a different time and space. I like the rendition you have chosen.

Best regards
Erik
Erik Kaffehr

Joe Towner

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 06:17:34 pm »

Here is a situation where I can easily show of what 51mp really adds up to.  Context, the Seattle Seahawks refer to their fans as the 12th Man, and a lot of their symbolism is based around it.  Their fans signed a very large flag back in 2005 when they went to the Superbowl (and lost) but it hangs with honor in their stadium and the players all pass it on the way out to the field.

To put it to scale, here is a 6'8" (2.03m) gent walking past it First image is the whole flag, with the second image a 100% zoom in.  Shot hand held with the 645Z and DFA 55/2.8.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 06:20:53 pm by Joe Towner »
t: @PNWMF

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2014, 06:28:43 pm »

Erik Kaffehr

Jim Kasson

• The Last Word
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2014, 06:36:45 pm »

Images from a different time and space. I like the rendition you have chosen.

You can see a lot more of that series if you download the catalog to an exhibition of the work:

http://http://www.kasson.com/Blackstone/AloneInACrowd.pdf

Cameras were Plaubel Makina/80mm, Hasselblad 501/40mm, Arca Swiss 6x9/47mm, and, at the end, Nikon F4/15mm.

Jim

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2014, 11:39:38 pm »

Jim,
I've always liked that first image - very nice!
Rolleiflex USA

Garry Sarre

• Photography by Sarre
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2014, 07:32:54 am »

Gee there's a high standard of photographers on here. I'm not a landscape photographer. I did find an old enlarged proof of ektachrome 64 shot with the old Blad with a Softar 2 and copied it with the new Blad:) A Venezualan ballet dancer I dated once.... Before she shot through to Spain with my American Express card and her new boyfriend. Serves me right, far to young and pretty for me.lol
Portrait Photographer and printer

B-Ark

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2014, 09:23:46 am »

Pentax 645D, 45-80 lens. Hand held with monopod in near hurricane force winds
Dave in NJ

Really like this one. Captures the fury of the storm, and yet there's an underlayer of calmness.

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2014, 01:33:56 pm »

The Causeway Shack on the way to Long Beach Island had long been an Icon. It slowly disintegrated, and Hurricane Sandy finished it off. I photographed it  all throughout the years. I went through some of my old negatives and re-visited them. Some had boring skies, and I never printed them in my chemical color darkroom. The foregrounds were made with a Pentax 645 film camera and color negative film. The skies are more recent, and made with a Pentax 645D. I scanned the color negatives, and combined them with the 645D skies. The flight of geese was also added. I drew them with pencil on a piece of paper, scanned them, and used them for a bit of nostalgia.
Thanks for looking
Dave in NJ

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2014, 03:35:48 pm »

Hi,

A shot from my home town, this Sunday. Stitched from two images P45+ and Distagon 50/4.

Best regards
Erik

Original image here: http://echophoto.smugmug.com/Other/Technical/P45/i-ksPTXcL/O
Erik Kaffehr

Dave Gurtcheff

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2014, 03:46:28 pm »

Erik: Beautiful sky and beautiful home town. Well done. May I ask where you live?
Dave

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2014, 03:52:13 pm »

Dave,

Thanks for nice words! I live in Nyköping Sweden. What you see is the old brewery, a part of Nyköping where a lot of artisans and artists have their workshops.

Just behind me is the Nyköping castle, where the Nyköping Banquet has taken place and queen Christina of Sweden has grown up.

For the scientifically interested René Descartes was the selected as math tutor for Queen Christina. It was no easy job, with lessons scheduled 5 am. Cartesian coordinates are named after René Descartes.

Best regards
Erik

Erik: Beautiful sky and beautiful home town. Well done. May I ask where you live?
Dave
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 04:03:55 pm by ErikKaffehr »
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 56   Go Up