Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinarback 54H (fw) on Fuji GX-680/Contax 645 experience wanted...  (Read 2835 times)

Theodoros

Just purchased a Sinarback 54H (FW) to back up my Imacon 528c back. The back is on transportation at the moment. I have the Contax adapter and cable for my Contax system, but will also use it on my Fuji GX680 too (as with my Imacon 528c back) via a Contax adapter plate which I permanently have on the Fuji... Any tips or suggestions on the system's performance are highly welcomed, particularly suggestions on the MS functioning of the back... Is there any connection issues? Any extra cable needed than the usual FW back to computer connection and back to camera's remote release input as to trigger the camera? Any software suggestions?

One more thing, I have the dedicated cable to trigger the Contax, but I don't have the one for the Fuji, I've put up a listing on the Sales forum for it (Sinar part no 551.43.062 or 551.43.066). Any suggestion/advise on any of the system's parameters will be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Theodoros
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 04:58:22 am by Theodoros »

Theodoros

Re: Sinarback 54H (fw) on Fuji GX-680/Contax 645 experience wanted...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 08:02:04 pm »

It would be wonderful if one could share his experience on this masterpiece of MFDBs that can make an IQ280 "shit on its pants" if shooting a still subject...

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 09:03:12 pm »

I'm hoping to be able to give you some information but am waiting on a cable.   I expect it to be a lot like what the CF 528 back can produce…..which we both know about.   
Rolleiflex USA

Theodoros

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 12:11:53 pm »

I'm hoping to be able to give you some information but am waiting on a cable.   I expect it to be a lot like what the CF 528 back can produce…..which we both know about.   

Same sensor, same size of files, only other with 16x ability.... I know what is to be expected Eric... it's tips and tricks on software and other connection issues and knowledge of how do get the most out of it as soon as possible that I do care about.... I'm still looking for the cable to trigger Fuji GX680 tethered with it by the way...

Theodoros

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2014, 09:54:52 am »

Sinar 54H has been tested on Contax 645... There is a cable required for it to be used on Fuji GX680 and there will be testing of it on Sinar P3  too... Then, there will be a "test" which will compare performance of three MS backs, (Imacon 528c, Sinarback 54H and Sinarback 75H) on all three cameras... (C645, Fuji GX680 & Sinar P3), there will also be a comparison between the backs on all cameras and an analysis of their capabilities with them... If Michael agrees, this all can be posted in Lula as a major article... Never the less, the results up to now show that captures involving colour interpolation are significantly inferior (no matter the resolution involved) to captures made in real colour.... Even if multishot captures are of less resolution (4x) that doesn't increase file size...  Up to now, (that I can share) Imacon 528c seems to be the most user friendly one, but Sinarback 54H seems to be "in a class of its own" for image Quality... There seems to be a different software approach from Sinar, that includes maximising DR, minimises noise in the software and secures "perfect" sensor calibration for ultimate result, that "Flexcolor" (the program used for 528c) simply lucks... OTOH, Imacon 528c seems more "user friendly" and has (of course) much more appeal to people that want to use their back in non tethered modes... more coming...

Theodoros

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2014, 04:50:46 pm »

Extensive testing and comparison of the back against Imacon/Hasselblad 528c has been performed during the last week... The back has been found to perform even better that 528c on all image quality parameters, although more clumsy to use... It's LV has also be found to be much better than the 528c and is additionally compatible with Sinar's LC which improves its performance further... Its clearly a workhorse aimed for studio work aimed to provide absolute image quality...

Since there is no more advise needed on the subject, I will lock this thread... thanks for watching.
Pages: [1]   Go Up