Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Heinrich van den Berg  (Read 1095 times)

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Heinrich van den Berg
« on: November 28, 2014, 06:48:19 am »

Hi

I have had a busy few weeks and thought I would share what I have been up to.

Heinrich van den Berg, one of South Africa's finest wildlife photographers (Eric Hoskings award of the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year - 1996 and 1997 etc.) has just published his latest coffee-table book, "Reflection" and I was asked to make some prints for the launch.

Here he is with the largest print which was very successfully auctioned last night. I am hoping to do a lot more printing for him in the future.

All very exciting!
William

"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Re: Heinrich van den Berg
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 03:10:52 pm »

That is beautiful!  Can you share what paper you used?  Would love to hear more about how it was printed.

Sharon
Hi Sharon
A special picture. That is a female and she is on a smallish game reserve not far from where I live. Not long after this was taken two rhino were poached from there, fortunately not her.
We are going to do another print and donate it to http://www.insafehands.co.za/mark-boucher-oped/
The idea is for them to auction it at a fundraiser for a healthy amount! It is called "Halo Rhino" and hopefully becomes an icon for rhino conservation.

I printed it on Hahnemuhle Bamboo, which I thought worked well with his slight sepia toning. I used a Canon iPF 8400 to print it.
William
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:13:29 pm by William Walker »
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens
Pages: [1]   Go Up