Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just updated to Ps Cs6, need to update Cam Raw to v8.3  (Read 50078 times)

pchaplo

• Marfa Flights book and exhibit
Just updated to Ps Cs6, need to update Cam Raw to v8.3
« on: November 25, 2014, 11:10:07 pm »

I tried to update and had problems that required reinstall of Ps Cs6 upgrade on WinXP SP3. Seems I have 3 options and seems prudent to ask before I leap:
1. Use Ps updater mechanism. Last attempt this approach did not show updated ACR in Ps Plugins.
2. Download CameraRaw/DNG package from Adobe and install. Last time I tried this I could see DNG Converter but ACR did not show update.
3. Download and unzip just the v8.3 CameraRaw.8bi file, rename/move old one and put new file in proper location. I have this file ready.

Currently, I simply need to work on my Canon 6D files. I use older lenses so calibration is not primary. I have a pending assignment and need to be functional asap.

Which approach is tested and proven to allow me to view Canon 6D raw files in Bridge and open Camera Raw?

Wishing you great light!
Paul Chaplo
Wishing You Great Light!

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Just updated to Ps Cs6, need to update Cam Raw to v8.3
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 06:16:09 pm »

I don't think your first option will work because it will want to install ACR 8.7 but won't be able to since you are on XP
Option 2 should work, there may be something else wrong with your set-up
Option 3 has always worked for me when others had issues as long as Adobe makes a IP version with the CameraRaw.8bi file available for the last version that is supported but XP which I think you are correct in stating is 8.3

pchaplo

• Marfa Flights book and exhibit
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 02:33:38 pm »

With the help of Adobe's "install team" and a 1½ hour intensive phone consult (that required renaming and removing some files, then literally reinstalling the installer), I was able to upgrade to PS CS6 (non-CC) and update Camera Raw to open my Canon 6D files. Yay! (Win XP SP3 32-bit). My Camera Raw version is now v8.3 and it opens Canon 6D files in Windows XP SP3.

In looking ahead, I also bought components for a new PC build that is i5-4690K, 16GB 1866 ram, RAID-1 for boot and another RAID-1 for data. I have a dedicated SSD for PS scratch and Windows pagefile. It is running and I am loading software. No smoke yet :)

Looking forward to a big year, and getting retooled!

Wishing you great light in the New Year!
Paul Chaplo
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:36:24 pm by pchaplo »
Wishing You Great Light!

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 09:15:34 pm »

Adobe's installers have always had a finicky side to them.  Good that it's working.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 09:47:58 pm »

In looking ahead, I also bought components for a new PC build that is i5-4690K, 16GB 1866 ram, RAID-1 for boot and another RAID-1 for data. I have a dedicated SSD for PS scratch and Windows pagefile. It is running and I am loading software. No smoke yet :)

Paul Chaplo

Just in case, with this new hardware upgrade to windows 7 or above, (maybe you already did). XP time has come.

eiffelchong

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:14:20 pm »

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

I have installed CS6, too and have updated my ACR to 8.3 but, every time when I open ACR, it says that it is a BETA version.
How can I install the full/non-Beta version of 8.3?

I am using OS 10.6.8 by the way.

Thank you so much.

sjprg

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 06:16:15 pm »

10.10.2 is the latest OS. An update should fix your problem. Also Adobe has posted a notice that it will no longer support X86.
Paul
Pages: [1]   Go Up