Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aqua Towers  (Read 2486 times)

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
Aqua Towers
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:40:03 pm »

Very nice, Kevin.  Yet another piece of evidence to substantiate Robert Capa's dictum that “if your photographs aren't good enough, you're not close enough. ”

Isaac

Re: Aqua Towers
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 10:50:10 pm »

Piboy

• http://samwardphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 10:53:34 pm »

Nice shot Kevin. I remember this building walking around Chicago a few years ago on a business trip.
http://samwardphoto.com/color/e14e75a60
Sam W.
samwardphoto.com

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 11:06:36 pm »

Thanks for the comments.  I was visiting Chicago to see one of my sons graduate from Navy Boot Camp.  I got in touch with Slobodan Blagojevic (many of you know him from our LuLa Forums) and we met to shoot sunrise in Chicago together.  I love meeting our readers and shooting with them.  It's great to see how we approach the same subject and the images that are a result.  i do this with Michael quite a bit when we travel.  The challenge in a scene that is iconic is trying to see it differently than everyone else.  This can be done in a variety of ways, such as exposure, color, contrast and the use of a lens.  In this case I challenged myself to shoot a lot of images that morning with a longer lens on my Fuji X-T1.  The lens of choice on that day was the 55-200mm.  I looked for graphic appeal and then exposed for the highlights so add contrast.  It's funny how sore you can get from 45 minutes shooting straight up.  In the end we both made some good exposures and I do have more images of more Chicago architecture I'll post in the future.

By the way I am loving the Fuji X-T1 and just got the Graphite version (some nice new firmware features).  I'm working on an extended article on my experience shooting the X-T1. Stay tuned for that one.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Harald L

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 04:14:38 am »

Nice abstract, Kevin.

Harald
Glad to be an amateur

dennbel

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 12:57:10 pm »

One of the best perspectives of this I've ever seen.

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 11:10:30 am »

Hi Kevin,

A couple of weeks ago you posted, 'By the way I am loving the Fuji X-T1 and just got the Graphite version (some nice new firmware features).  I'm working on an extended article on my experience shooting the X-T1. Stay tuned for that one.'

I am really looking forward to reading it!

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 11:49:19 am »

Patience, it is well underway.  it covers shooting in Chicago, Scotland and Amsterdam.  Been working on a lot of projects at once as well as prepping for our upcoming Antarctica trip.  I hope to post the extended Fuji article by the weekend.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up