Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: onLandscape magazine's landscape photography conference  (Read 823 times)

Kathy

onLandscape magazine's landscape photography conference
« on: November 25, 2014, 10:28:09 am »

Thanks to Lu La for the discount voucher for onLandscape magazine's landscape photography conference live web stream. Some excellent speakers, some taking me well beyond my comfort zone but that is the joy of a conference. In my opinion the web stream worked reasonably well but at times the cut from speaker to image was not timed correctly and we lost out on seeing the image while the speaker was discussing it. Is web streaming a valuable addition to conferences? I think it is especially when we can benefit at a reasonable cost as in this case.

Tom Tit

• Ed Hannam Photography
Re: onLandscape magazine's landscape photography conference
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 12:12:24 pm »

Hi, Kathy. I forwarded this post to Tim Parkin at OnLandscape and this was his reply:
"Tim Parkin ยท Friends with David J Ward and 7 others
Agree that the balance of the speaker to presentation coverage is a difficult one - I'm thinking that a PDF of the conference's talks that could be viewed alongside the video stream might be a great way to deal with this. We're looking at producing this in retrospect for the current conference. Many thanks for 'attending' and for the feedback! "
May I suggest that you keep an eye on "OnLandscape" website for further developments.
Ed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up