Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with lenticular printing  (Read 514 times)

dunesurfer

Need help with lenticular printing
« on: November 25, 2014, 01:09:00 am »

Hello to all,

I,m looking for some advice regarding lenticular printing (3D effect).

One of my customers appraoch me on this. I have never done it , so its time to learn. I do have a HPZ3200 PS.

Questions. Best type for said printer--- here come to mind,platen gap,
               Best type of material ------ I see they regard the epson 720 dpi as the better option, but also read that native 600 dpi work just as well.

I really appreciate all help I can get.
Thank You.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Need help with lenticular printing
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:10:38 am »

Hello to all,

I,m looking for some advice regarding lenticular printing (3D effect).

One of my customers appraoch me on this. I have never done it , so its time to learn. I do have a HPZ3200 PS.

Questions. Best type for said printer--- here come to mind,platen gap,
               Best type of material ------ I see they regard the epson 720 dpi as the better option, but also read that native 600 dpi work just as well.

Hi,

Your input images (may required several dozen of them, depending on the source and destination) need to be tailored for specific lenticular screens (for specific viewing distances), then converted with (special for lenticular conversion) software to the correct output PPI (600 or 720 would be fine, even for smaller output sizes and detailed high LPI screens) and it would only work at that PPI together with the specific screen. Then the image and the screen need to be meticulously aligned/mounted together, which may require special equipment to do it (consistently) well.

A service that does that may offer their own software solution, or only accept the series of input images when they do their own conversion. It's not that simple to do yourself, unless you spend the time and effort/software/mounting investments.

There are several tools available on the internet if you want to roll your own, just search for "Lenticular software", and it's in principle even possible to do it with Photoshop and a lot of patience (or scripts/actions). You may also consider to outsource the activity for your client, and manage the process from input to output for a fee.

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. Here are 2 brief video1 and video2 about the process (but there's alot more to it).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:12:38 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up