Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My LR 5.7 has stopped printing on my Epson 9700  (Read 1280 times)

PeterF

My LR 5.7 has stopped printing on my Epson 9700
« on: November 24, 2014, 05:27:52 am »

I have been printing a set of 12 5x7's spaced neatly on a 24 inch roll. Suddenly, repeating the same procedure for the umteenth time, no printing happened. I pushed print, LR rendered all 12 images and then absolute nothing happen. No printing, no report error, it just returned to the print module as if it had not been asked to anything after all...

Since then I have gone to the point of deleting all the Epson drivers and reinstalling them, updating absolutely everything has been done, firmware included, and rebooted etc etc.

I am using Mac, 10.10.1 and LR 5.7

Any suggestions at all would be most welcome :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:19:17 pm by PeterF »

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: My LR 5.7 has stopped printing on my Epson 9700
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 05:55:58 am »

Any suggestions at all would be most welcome :)
If you want to ask computer related questions, you always need to give basic information like what operating system you use.

PeterF

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 06:00:50 am »

Sorry, I have asked this on so many forums I forgot here...

OS X 10.10.1
LR 5.7

PeterF

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 10:22:01 am »

No one with any ideas for me...?

howardm

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 10:26:45 am »

Sometimes, you need to go a step beyond just deleting the printer and reinstalling the driver.  You should
*REMOVE* the actual driver software (if you just re-install it, it can overwrite w/o getting everything).

remove the printer fro SystemPrefs
navigate to /Library/Printers and remove the 'EPSON' folder
reboot
reinstall the driver from the .dmg
reinstantiate the printer.

PeterF

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 11:30:53 am »

Hi howardm

Thanks for the reply, I had done all those things but to be sure, I took your list and worked through it again, item by item and I am truly sorry to report that there is no difference. I can print the 12 images to file and then print that file as a single image, but loading 12 images onto a single 61cm x 31cm page, divided into 6 rows and tow columns... no more.

Thanks for trying :)

howardm

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 12:15:46 pm »

Wayne Fox wrote this a while back and it may be useful (it's somewhat more extreme than my suggestion)

http://www.cwaynefox.com/myBlog/Printing/Entries/2009/12/8_TROUBLESHOOTING_EPSON_PRINTERS_AND_SNOW_LEOPARD.html

PeterF

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 02:29:56 am »

Thanks for that link, I followed each item he's suggested step by step and now its better, in that I can actually get it to print from my template again, but randomly it resized the paper layout dimensions (without showing the resize figures in the 'Layout' section of the LR print module) and cut off part of 6 of the images. I seem to have solved that by resizing the template page adding 1 extra cm to the height, but really this is ridiculous  compromise and who knows why it works anyway.

I know the real solution is to buy a RIP package, but they are so VERY expensive. And really for the price of these printers I feel this kind of software should be included. Its kind of like buying a new car but having to source a proper transmission from a private company as the car only comes with two gears as standard, one forward and one reverse. What kind of sense would that make? Is it really unreasonable to expect such expensive hardware to arrive equipped to do all it can do?

Rant over. Thanks for you help :)

PS. resizing problem was not solved with the new paper size like I thought. A new day and it has cropped up again. Any thoughts?

Further update: No matter what paper size I enter, it prints out one of 26.8cm in height. I have no idea what is causing this, Epson, Apple or other... any ideas welcome
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:26:22 am by PeterF »
Pages: [1]   Go Up