Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF 6400 Custom Presets & Line Feed Calibration  (Read 816 times)

PebblePlace

Canon IPF 6400 Custom Presets & Line Feed Calibration
« on: November 22, 2014, 02:02:19 pm »

When creating a custom paper preset on the Canon IPF 6400, I am not clear on what is actually saved to that preset.  For example, I'm using a Canson Baryta - initially sheets.  The sheets needed a manual line adjustment calibration + a far end line adjustment.  Now I've switched to a roll (of the same same paper).  That roll needed a manual line feed calibration (to eliminate banding).  I'm guessing the roll feed line adjustment calibration blew out the line-feed calibrations for the sheets...?...

Next, if I create a new preset for another paper (assume a roll paper).  I'm guessing that paper will need a custom manual calibration for its line feed.  Will that calibration be stored and linked to that paper preset?  Or, is this line feed adjustment universal and nothing with regards to paper feed line calibration calibration is stored per preset?  If the latter is the case, then that means every time I swap rolls, I need to run those line feed calibrations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up