Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: hp z3100 too red  (Read 566 times)

shaun

hp z3100 too red
« on: November 21, 2014, 07:21:11 am »

Hi

My prints are coming out way to red to compensate I need to adjust in photoshop in hue/adjustments red -30 saturation +15 hue. This is a print i've done before without this adjustment. Same paper, same ink, same settings.

Any ideas?

Shaun

Ernst Dinkla

Re: hp z3100 too red
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 07:44:06 am »

Beside any possible mistakes or changes made in driver media choices and color management?  Print the calibration target on that paper and compare its patches with an older one you archived. If light cyan is too low in chroma there could be an issue with the cyan head, delivering too little or contaminated by the light magenta ink of its neighbour. The other magenta head could spill ink into the yellow head side. It is unlikely though that the red head could create a similar effect into the matte black head. The spectrometer could be off on calibration due to age. This is all I can sum up of hardware causes. Usually there is something not corresponding with the settings/media/file used for an earlier print. It could help if you mentioned the paper used and whether that might not be consistent in its properties over time. Printing from which application and using printer or application CM?

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
November 2014 update, 680+ inkjet media white spectral plots

shaun

Re: hp z3100 too red
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 08:16:52 am »

Hi Ernst

Thanks for your comprehensive reply.

Of course you were 100% correct and after hours of head scratching it was down to manual error. Colour management was at document (adobe 1998) instead of Proof. I guess that would have caused it. I had done a print head clean in the meantime also.

Once again Thank-you.

Shaun
Pages: [1]   Go Up