Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Firmware Updates  (Read 5252 times)

Steve Goldsmith

Hasselblad Firmware Updates
« on: November 20, 2014, 11:20:54 am »

New Firmware for H5D-50c and CFV-50c available

We have just released new firmware for the H5D-50c sensor unit (including Multi-Shot) and camera body. The same firmware is also used for the CFV-50c. This new firmware updates the functionality of the camera as well as addresses some stability issues.

Sensor unit firmware 3.5.8R Highlights

•   Live View on the rear display
•   Longer exposure time, now up to 34 minutes (no black exposure required)
•   Faster capture rate, now 50 frames per minute (H5D-50c only)
•   ISO and White Balance setting visible in viewfinder (H5D-50c only)
•   Spirit Level (H5D-50c only) and selectable display modes in tethered mode
•   Korean language added

H5D Camera body firmware 3.3.2/1.1.4

•   Support for ISO/White Balance setting in viewfinder
•   Film magazine compatibility

New Firmware for H4D-40, H4D-50 (including Multi-Shot) and CFV-50 available

We have just released the new firmware for the H4D-40 and 50 sensor units (H4D-50, H4D-50MS and H4D-200MS). The same firmware is also used for the CFV-50 (CCD).

Sensor unit firmware R370 Highlights

•   H4D-40: Preview image resolution can be lowered to provide more captures per minute, now up to 45 captures per minute
•   Support for UDMA7 CF cards (up to 128 GB)
•   Fixed a bug that could give a faint magenta cast on long exposures (CFV-50)
•   Stability in capture sequence during Multi-Shot is improved

New Firmware for H4D-60 available

We have just released the new firmware for the H4D-60 sensor unit.

Sensor unit firmware R520 Highlights

•   Support for UDMA7 CF cards (up to 128 GB)

Please make sure to use the latest release of Phocus to make full use of the new features. Current versions for Mac and Windows are available for download from www.hasselblad.com and all global sites.
Steve Goldsmith
Hasselblad Inc.
steve.goldsmith@hasselblad.com | mobile: 847-722-3397

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
Re: Hasselblad Firmware Updates
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 12:09:18 pm »

Does the H5D firmware apply to the H5X?

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 12:16:08 pm »

Welcome to the forum!

Paul_Claesson_HasselbladUS

• http://www.hasselbladusa.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 01:00:35 pm »

Looks like Steve beat me to the punch....

The H5D 3.3.2 firmware is specific to the H5D.
Paul Claesson
Technical Support Manager
Hasselblad Hasselblad Bron Inc.
support@hasselbladbron.com or
pclaesson@hasselbladbron.com
800-367-6434 x303

The opinions expressed here are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of Hasselblad.

Theodoros

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 01:18:17 pm »

Looks like Steve beat me to the punch....

The H5D 3.3.2 firmware is specific to the H5D.
It seems to me, that since the cameras can now take a film back, maybe other 5D backs can be shared on a different 5d body... For instance, H5D-40 back used on an H5D-50c body? There are reports that different backs can be exchanged between different bodies in H3ii & H4 series... Is that true?

Theodoros

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 01:35:53 pm »

Another question... Can older film backs (that were purchased with H1 or H2 cameras) be used on an H5D-50c? ...or the film use ability is restricted to new film backs only? One more question please... Can one use film back on the multishot models too (H5D-50cMS & 200cMS) or it can only be used with the single shot version? And finally, is the Wi-Fi feature available with the multishot versions of the H5D-50c (H5D-50cMS & 200cMS), or is it restricted to single shot version only?

mi-fu

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 04:25:03 am »

H4D-40: Preview image resolution can be lowered to provide more captures per minute, now up to 45 captures per minute

Hi, I have successfully updated the firmware to R370 on my H4D-40, but I couldn't find a way to "lower preview image resolution."

how to do it?

rxchaos

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 12:54:37 pm »

I updated my H5D50c sensor unit to firmware 3.5.9R, and the camera firmware to 3.3.2. How does one get LiveView on the rear display? Are there a sequence of buttons to activate to use LiveView. Or is the LiveView on rear display only available on the WIFI models? 

I thought perhaps one needs to update to firmware version 3.5.8.R first, I still can't use LiveView.

Any thoughts...

-c

cerett

• http://
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 10:57:51 am »

I updated my H5D50c sensor unit to firmware 3.5.9R, and the camera firmware to 3.3.2. How does one get LiveView on the rear display? Are there a sequence of buttons to activate to use LiveView. Or is the LiveView on rear display only available on the WIFI models?  

I thought perhaps one needs to update to firmware version 3.5.8.R first, I still can't use LiveView.

Any thoughts...

-c
The P2 button options on the sensor unit should take you to live view. You must select that option. It took me awhile to figure this out. It would have been nice if Hasselblad had some accompanying literature on how to obtain live view, etc. I didn't need to use 3.5.9.R since the firmware update worked the first time. Under these circumstances, according to Hasselblad, the 3.5.9.R would not be necessary. Perhaps someone from Hasselblad can confirm this.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:00:47 am by cerett »

rxchaos

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 12:17:47 pm »

The P2 button options on the sensor unit should take you to live view. You must select that option. It took me awhile to figure this out. It would have been nice if Hasselblad had some accompanying literature on how to obtain live view, etc. I didn't need to use 3.5.9.R since the firmware update worked the first time. Under these circumstances, according to Hasselblad, the 3.5.9.R would not be necessary. Perhaps someone from Hasselblad can confirm this.

Thank you. I have LiveView working now.  Earlier the P2 button didn't activate LiveView because I had it set to FocusConfirm.

It would have been helpful if Hasselblad had mentioned it the readme that accompanied the update.

-c

evgeny

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 02:53:19 pm »

Phocus 2.8.3 shows all images in landscape position, including images that were shot in portrait position, after installing R370 firmware on H4D-40.
Looks like an issue with Image Orientation Sensor after firmware upgrade.

Any advice how to get Phocus to show portrait images in proper position?

Thanks
Evgeny
Pages: [1]   Go Up