Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bilbao to Bordeaux - any recommendations?  (Read 2886 times)

DickKenny

• Dick Kenny at The Chantry Studio
Bilbao to Bordeaux - any recommendations?
« on: November 20, 2014, 08:06:57 am »

Why an Englishman would ask such advice on a predominantly American website might raise an eyebrow or two; but I have had previous success before throwing my travel plans open to others on this forum, so here goes.

I am planning a trip next summer during which after visiting some of the Rioja vineyards south of Bilbao, we will take the A63 northwards to Bordeaux via San Sebastian, the Pyrenees, and Bayonne. Any advice on good locations from anyone familiar with that route (including short diversions) would be most welcome. Even a pointer towards a local guide who knows his or her stuff, from someone with first hand experience, would also be good. Thanks for your time.

DickKenny

Re: Bilbao to Bordeaux - any recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 06:29:28 am »

Excellent. Thank you very much; that's exactly the sort of advice I was seeking.

Lloyd Mayeda

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:54:10 am »

We have enjoyed two trips to Spain and each time have benefited greatly by contacting Garry (an Aussie) who lives in Spain and arranges individual trips and guides. You may wish to see if he can provide some information that may be helpful to you.

garry@spanishadventures.com    or visit his web site:  www.spanishadventures.com

Tell him that Lloyd referred you.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:56:55 am by Lloyd Mayeda »

DickKenny

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 07:45:48 am »

Thank you very much. I will certainly contact and ask - and tell him who sent me. Cordially. dk

andaremos

• Andaremos
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 01:20:03 pm »

Sounds like a good route. Last year I visited La Rioja, Bilbao, San Sebastian, and St. Jean de Luz. With the exception of La Rioja, I did not drive. I like to travel by train.
Here is one place I wish I had visited but ran out of time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaztelugatxe
- Eduardo
www.andaremos.com - Travel and Nature Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up