Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Camera Profiles missing in Finder/Explorer  (Read 2509 times)

phl0wtography

Camera Profiles missing in Finder/Explorer
« on: November 19, 2014, 10:11:15 am »

No, it is not another "Where do I put my .dcp files?" kind of thread. I know my way around Lightroom, but noticed something only today. I updated both my machines (Mac, and Windows 7) with Lightroom 5.7, and for some reason browsed the CameraProfiles (not mine, but the ones Camera Raw ships with). Not only did I notice that the respective folders' content differs from Mac, and Windows (e.g. on Mac I cannot find the Profiles for my E-M5, while they are visible on my Windows machine under C:\Users\All Users\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera). Also, many cameras are missing completely, although I can choose a profile other than Adobe Standard for them when working on their RAWs.
What is up with that? And where do I find ALL .dcp files, that CameraRaw is supposed to ship with? Are they hidden somewhere or need to be extracted?

Thanks for your help.

Simon Garrett

phl0wtography

Re: Camera Profiles missing in Finder/Explorer
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 12:20:06 pm »

Thank you for your response. However, as I was saying, I know where profiles are located (both the built-in, and the ones I add), but it seems that not all are shown in Explorer/ Finder. So, either there is another location (doubtfully), or Adobe has put them somewhere packaged/zipped (likely).

Simon Garrett

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 04:08:00 pm »

And they're not in C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles ?  

I've just updated to LR 5.7, and they're still there on my C drive (Windows 7 64-bit).  

(Edited: I typed LR 5.6 first time round.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:26:56 pm by Simon Garrett »

phl0wtography

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 12:50:45 am »

And they're not in C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles ?
You don't seem to understand. But don't take this the wrong way, English is not my Mother tongue so I might not be able to communicate the exact problem too well.
Your path is not where Adobe usually keeps Profiles, only the ones added by users are stored there.
The "built-in" CameraProfiles are found at C:\Users\All Users\...\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera (not AdobeStandard!)
All Nikon, Canon, and lots of Sony profiles are stored there. However, it seems that Adobe doesn't show a lot of other profiles that are built-in, like the ones for Olympus, and Fujifilm. What I wanted to know is, where I find .dcp files for those manufacturers?

eliedinur

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 04:25:45 am »

Excuse me please and with all due respect and all that, but you are the one that is mistaken. The location cited by Simon is the one where all the profiles bundled with LR are placed and the location you refer to (under the Users directory) is where home-made profiles are deposited. [in my folder at that site I have invariate and untwisted profiles as well as QPCard based profiles. That is the best place for them because that folder is never overwritten by new installations.] Moreover, Adobe is redundant in that the same full set of profiles is also written to C:/Programs/Adobe/Resources/Camera Profiles. In both places (Programs and Program Data) within the Camera Profiles folder there are two subfolders, Adobe Standard and Camera. The latter contains the emulation profiles and I see there 21 folders for Olympus cameras and none for Fujifilm cameras, apparently because emulation profiles have not been made for Fujifilm. The Adobe Standard folder, as of the latest LR 5.7 version, contains 491 profiles, including Olympus, Fujifilm and many, many others.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:41:59 am by elied »
Roll over Ed Weston,
Tell Ansel Adams th

phl0wtography

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 09:01:56 am »

Yes, to everything you wrote, and I know that.

The latter contains the emulation profiles and I see there 21 folders for Olympus cameras and none for Fujifilm cameras, apparently because emulation profiles have not been made for Fujifilm.
This is exactly what I meant. See, the emulation profiles for Olympus only show up in Explorer, not Finder, and the ones for Fuji in neither. However, Fuji does have emulation profiles for LR since 5.4, and Olympus since 5.3. And my question now is: Where are the according .dcp files? On Windows for Fuji, and on Mac for Olympus, and Fuji.
Pages: [1]   Go Up