Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing with custom printer profiles with Adobe Acrobat Pro 10.1.12 under Mac OSX 10.9.5  (Read 1175 times)

jsch

Hello,

I produce my own printer profiles with i1 Pro II and i1 Profiler. I use them with Photoshop and Lightroom. But I don't understand how to use them with Acrobat Pro. The reason why I want to use Acrobat is the booklet printing feature. Every test so far didn't deliver the right colors printing with Acrobat.

Does anyone know a source, where I can learn how this works:
- Open PDF
- Select custom printer/paper profile
- Print booklet
-> colors look perfect like I would print the same with LR or PS.

Google didn't help so far. A link to a video-web-tutorial would be nice.

Thank you.
Best,
Johannes

Simon J.A. Simpson

A long time ago (5+ years) I tried to print colour managed using Acrobat Pro.  The results were a total failure; but, as I said, this was a very long time ago.  I gave up and now use a convoluted method via Photoshop – but then I was printing simple layouts from InDesign and not booklets.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com

Does acrobat Pro allow use of ColorSync when printing?

In the print dialog, if you have installed your print driver and profiles, the popup menu should say Acrobat, and selecting it should have a choice called Color Matching. If you select that you should then get a choice between the printer managing colors and ColorSync, once you select that another pop should appear labeled Profile and it will probably say automatic.  The “automatic” profile is shown below the popup, and if you click the popup it will be at the top of the popup between two divider lines,  but you can select the popup and choose any profile of your choice.

Pages: [1]   Go Up