Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujifilm X-T1 Angle Finder?  (Read 3036 times)

mbaginy

Fujifilm X-T1 Angle Finder?
« on: November 14, 2014, 04:25:30 am »

I’m quite pleased with my X-Pro1 and recently bought the (graphite silver) X-T1.  My plan was to use if for a number of months and analyze, if it could replace my Canon (5D and 5D Mk III) gear.  While there seems to be no true replacement for the MPE 65mm lens (except bellows), I could live with a dedicated macro lenses (sadly it seems, without tripod mount).

One item I haven’t been able to find is an angle finder for low-to-the-ground portrait-aspect images with the X-T1.  The body’s monitor flips (for landscape aspect) but doesn’t swivel.  That would require me to lay flat on the ground as in olden days – which I’m no longer keen on doing.

Has anyone found an angle finder for the X-T1 or a manner of taking such photographs without requiring lying prone in the mud and dirt?

AFairley

Re: Fujifilm X-T1 Angle Finder?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 10:09:36 am »

If any third party makes a gizmo you can usually find it on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-3-5x-Angle-Finder-For-Canon-Nikon-Sigma-Fuji-Sony-/131344124780?pt=US_Viewfinders_Eyecups&hash=item1e94b84b6c
No idea of the quality or how well it fits the X-T1
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:11:16 am by AFairley »

feethea

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 11:51:03 am »

"Has anyone found an angle finder for the X-T1 or a manner of taking such photographs without requiring lying prone in the mud and dirt?"

Have you considered the WiFi app to connect the XT-1 to your phone, tablet, etc. You can place the camera as low as you want  or wherever you want and view the image on your phone, etc., and  release the shutter too.

Barry

mbaginy

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 03:04:35 pm »

Alan, yes ebay does offer that angle finder and I could probably get more information from the seller, if one of the adapters will fit the X-T1.  I'm not overly impressed with the product, though I've never handled it and am making my comments from viewing the photos only.  It looks like a (rough) copy of the Canon angle finder I use.  While I use it, I'm not really pleased with it's adapter mounting.  The original Canon adapters have formed metal with spring elements to slide onto the viewfinder.  Not very stable and I've had mine come off numerous times.  The ebay adapters seem plastic only items.  I don't feel to confident these will last.

Barry, I've read of such applications using WiFi and ipad or iphone.  I've also watched such a combination "in action".  But I'm probably too old school for such a setup.  I have a hard time using live view and am not too keen using such a WiFi setup.  I'd greatly prefer a decent angle finder.

The best angle finders I used were from Leica and Minolta.  Nice snug fit.  Never had one fall off the camera.  I wish I knew, If any of those good old units fits the X-T1.  While I'm not against spending more money for good gear, I'd hate to buy any number of angle finders until I finally find one I like.

Thanks for your advice!  I will give each more consideration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up