Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need 42" or 44" wide alternative to HP Litho Matte  (Read 1751 times)

Roscolo

Need 42" or 44" wide alternative to HP Litho Matte
« on: November 13, 2014, 01:32:10 pm »

HP Litho Matte is a great paper. Never understood why it's only available in 24" and 36" width...no wider.  I've got a customer who likes the paper but needs larger prints. Is there a paper that is almost exactly like HP Litho Matte, only wider?  Was going to try Canon Fine Art Natural, but it's only available in 24", 36" and 60" width! My printers are 44".

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 01:34:56 pm by Roscolo »

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
Re: Need 42" or 44" wide alternative to HP Litho Matte
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 01:38:34 pm »

I tried getting HP Litho in 24" last week and everywhere I looked it was back ordered.

You could always chop saw the 60" Canon paper down to 44"  :-)
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

William Chitham

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 11:47:02 am »

HP Litho Matte is a great paper. Never understood why it's only available in 24" and 36" width...

Thanks

Not available in any width any more as far as I can gather. The rumour I heard is that the base paper is no longer available, HP are looking for a new supplier but till then there's none. Which is a shame as I used a lot of it and it is totally unlike any other paper I've ever seen. And cheap.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 12:07:16 pm »

230gsm so 40 grams less but paper white and surface very similar, backside smother than Litho-Realistic: Felix Schoeller J93770 True Ivory Matt 230 gsm. Pity that it has to come on 2"core like it was a pity with Litho-Realistic. Way more sizes roll and sheets than Litho-Realistic ever had but who actually sells it?

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
September 2014, 650+ inkjet media white spectral plots.

poshcolor

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 02:05:03 pm »

I second both William and Ernst.Hp Litho is a gem, almost incredible quality for it's price
I think I've used almost 100 rolls on 36".
FS ivory can be a good alternative,it's cheaper and the quality is acceptable for it's weight.
I already made a "special" order from a company who plans to add FS to their portfolio.
I ordered some free samples from their website and was instantly contacted by this guy Kraus Daniel who was very supportive and willing to keep me happy.He gived me all samples I needed and also directed me to this company.
I can give you his email address if you want.(PM please).

Roscolo

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 02:33:09 pm »

230gsm so 40 grams less but paper white and surface very similar, backside smother than Litho-Realistic: Felix Schoeller J93770 True Ivory Matt 230 gsm. Pity that it has to come on 2"core like it was a pity with Litho-Realistic. Way more sizes roll and sheets than Litho-Realistic ever had but who actually sells it?

Good question. The Felix Schoeller website is terrible. Can't find a list of U.S. distributors (or anywhere else for that matter) anywhere on the website. Felix Schoeller, you have customers waiting to buy if you can only tell us HOW.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 11:43:36 am »

At least something is happening in the market that there are now 5 suppliers with OBA free non-cotton natural white papers near 200 gsm. Felix Schoeller, Innova Art, Hahnemühle, Sihl, Harman. Several rebranded but also some that resemble the Innova Decor Art base but with more texture.

The Felix Schoeller J93770 True Ivory Matt 230 gsm I mentioned earlier in this thread is not OBA free though.

November 2014 update, 680+ inkjet media white spectral plots

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 06:53:34 am »

I made a selection of near 200 grams OBA free natural papers, here including some qualities with up to 50% cotton.

November 2014 update, 680+ inkjet media white spectral plots

Roscolo

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »

Sent an email to Felix Schoeller. Got a call back today. Rep didn't seem to know a retailer for their paper. Not a good sign. Said he would call me back with a retailer. Hopefully that happens.

Just got a roll of Hahnemuhle Enhanced 210. Haven't printed on it yet. Not as heavy as the Litho, but looks nice...probably be what I use for now.

Thanks, all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up