Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colormunki Photo  (Read 4903 times)

MHMG

Re: Colormunki Photo
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 05:29:41 pm »

I would try resetting printing system because the ipf8300 should work with Yosmite. I got an error before resetting fixed it. forgot what the error was.

I did that first thing. It didn't fix my issue and Canon USA support just wasn't up to speed. One of the guys I talked to insisted that 90% of the users are poster shops and stick with a non color managed workflow. I couldn't dispute that claim, but I said it certainly didn't help me :)

MHMG

Re: Colormunki Photo
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 10:57:50 am »

Andrew,

To be clear about my ipf8300 woes, it seems to be a color management conflict with Yosemite that affects the iPF driver but not other drivers like the Epson 3880 (or my Canon Pixma Pro 100). The insidious part is that the driver is not crashing or failing to print. It's just a color management weirdness, and it is affecting apps that used to be able to correctly highjack the printer pipeline away from the MAC OS to ensure double profiling wasn't happening (e.g. PS, InDD, ACPU, CSU, etc). As of Yosemite, I'm not sure I can say the iPF driver is double profiling with the printer profile as we used to see. The error looks more like application managed color is being redirected by the driver to crunch the source image through sRGB or something before handing off to the printer. So, it doesn't look like the classic double profiling and subsequent dark color shifted output we tend to see with double use off the printer profile. It looks more like double profiling with some other source profile (sRGB or monitor profile) first then handing off to the printer profile.  Anyway, again, I did a complete reinstall of the iPF driver (working with Canon support to make sure I trashed all the right stuff before reinstall) and I haven't managed to solve the issue yet. And again, the Canon printer plugin is unaffected. It's just when trying to use the regular iPF driver pathway that I've lost control of color management yet again >:(

Twenty+years into ICC profiled workflow. and we are still getting two steps forward two steps back every time a new OS version comes along!

cheers,
Mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up