Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Better 35mm PC Lens for Nikon?  (Read 1825 times)

alan_b

• West Coast Architecture + Interiors Photographer
Better 35mm PC Lens for Nikon?
« on: November 12, 2014, 09:58:55 pm »

Anything out there in a better 35mm PC lens that can be adapted to a Nikon?  Leitax says their mount swap isn't compatible with the Contax 35mm PC-Distagon.

I currently use a hand-picked Nikon 2.8 only when I have to.  The shifted quality is about the same as tilting the camera and PC-ing in post.  For better quality, I stitch with the 45mm PC-E.

If only Nikon would come out with a new 35 PC-E (as well as a 17...)

synn

• My fine art portfolio
Re: Better 35mm PC Lens for Nikon?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:45:29 am »

Anything out there in a better 35mm PC lens that can be adapted to a Nikon?  Leitax says their mount swap isn't compatible with the Contax 35mm PC-Distagon.

I currently use a hand-picked Nikon 2.8 only when I have to.  The shifted quality is about the same as tilting the camera and PC-ing in post.  For better quality, I stitch with the 45mm PC-E.

If only Nikon would come out with a new 35 PC-E (as well as a 17...)

Why not the Schneider 28 TS?
my portfolio: www.sandeepmurali.com

alan_b

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 03:45:49 am »

My first reaction to the Schneider 28 was, I'm really looking for the 35mm AOV.  Then I looked it up anyway, 'cause maybe it's really stellar and maybe it's worth the $4-5k they'd probably go for.  

Wow $8k - wasn't expecting that!  :o

AFairley

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 09:55:30 am »

This review give the nod to Olympus 35mm shift over the Nikkor, and the Leitax conversion is easy.    http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/35mm_shift/35mm_test1.html

I actually have the Oly and the Leitax adapter, but my copy of the lens needs adjustment because the infinity stop is off so it won't hit infinity focus properly, so I can't give you my impressions (I have confirmed with other Oly lenses that the fault is in the lens, not the adaper, and by mounting on crop bodies with adapters that let you focus past infinity that this is indeed the issue. .  If you go the Oly route, be sure you get the later (and much rarer on eBay) multicolored version.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 09:58:31 am by AFairley »

alan_b

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 02:11:36 am »

This review give the nod to Olympus 35mm shift over the Nikkor, and the Leitax conversion is easy.    http://www.16-9.net/lens_tests/35mm_shift/35mm_test1.html

I actually have the Oly and the Leitax adapter, but my copy of the lens needs adjustment because the infinity stop is off so it won't hit infinity focus properly, so I can't give you my impressions (I have confirmed with other Oly lenses that the fault is in the lens, not the adaper, and by mounting on crop bodies with adapters that let you focus past infinity that this is indeed the issue. .  If you go the Oly route, be sure you get the later (and much rarer on eBay) multicolored version.

Thanks - I didn't know the Oly could be adapted easily.

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 03:58:01 am »

I am not sure about the 35PC, but i have several Oly lenses on my A7R, and the infinty is very easy  to adjust, as long the adapter is short enough to allow it. Pull the gummi rubber away amd you can see three little screws. Open them and you can adjust the infinity point. Wish all lenses would be so easy to readjust as the Olys ...
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

AFairley

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 10:15:59 am »

I am not sure about the 35PC, but i have several Oly lenses on my A7R, and the infinty is very easy  to adjust, as long the adapter is short enough to allow it. Pull the gummi rubber away amd you can see three little screws. Open them and you can adjust the infinity point. Wish all lenses would be so easy to readjust as the Olys ...
Rainer, I am very interested, can you give any more details or provide pictures?  (Though the 35PC may be a problem because the lens consists of the lens assembly mounted inside the shifting assembly.)

Thanks - I didn't know the Oly could be adapted easily.
Even easier then the normal Oly lens adaptation because you don't need to insert a spring to pull the stop-down actuation lever to the side.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 10:18:30 am by AFairley »
Pages: [1]   Go Up