Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Still more on stitching...  (Read 3080 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Still more on stitching...
« on: December 08, 2005, 08:16:52 pm »

Following on my post commenting on my experience with Stitcher 5.03, I have spent most of last night working with the trial version of PTgui 5.5 on a wide angle pano shot based on comments from other posters here.

The Stitcher stitch was good, and the 17*22 print was impressive, but PTgui is doing even better on this image and is very quick too.

I have purchased a license this morning and will keep experimenting in order to figure out which application is best for which cases.

For those working with PTgui, do you typically use the PTgui batch stitcher or the other options availabe?

Regards,
Bernard

Julian Love

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 12:28:10 pm »

I recently bought PTGui and have used it for several panoramas around London with excellent results. Definitely worth the £50 I spent on it.

I have recently made an 18 image (6x3) composite of Horseguards Parade in London, using no special technique (1Ds and 28-70 mounted on ballhead - no pano base or anything) and it is pixel perfect. After correcting the perspective in PS I now have a 15k pixel wide image that prints 6 foot wide and looks stunning.

I use the basic interface, I have never tried using any of the advanced conrtols or the batch tool. The 18 image stitch took about 5 mins to load the images (JPEG) and then about 30 mins of stitching on a 2.8Ghz P4 with 1GB RAM.

Julian

BryanHansel

• www.bryanhansel.com
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 04:09:06 pm »

For those working with PTgui, do you typically use the PTgui batch stitcher or the other options availabe?

Regards,
Bernard
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=53086\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think the batch stitcher is used to batch stitch images shot from the same position everytime.  i.e. Off of a panoramic head.  My 360 Precision Panohead allows me to take the pictures and then use batch stitch and it works almost perfectly every time for 360x180 stitching.

Bryan
Bryan Hansel
[url=http://www.paddling
Pages: [1]   Go Up