Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lr5.6 Using Mouse Scroll in Catalog  (Read 1390 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Lr5.6 Using Mouse Scroll in Catalog
« on: November 11, 2014, 07:53:11 pm »

I've been seeing some very inconsistent behavior when I try to use my mouse scroll wheel to look through the catalog (left) panel. When in grid mode scrolling does not work unless the pointer is hovered right over the elevator channel - but not always - the elevator has to be highlighted. If it is over the catalogs it won't scroll. In loop mode hovering anywhere over the catalog panel will scroll. In develop mode the scroll works fine over the presets panel.

I found a few posts about this going back to Lr3. Some people indicated that other programs cause the issue. Seems doubtful. At any rate the issue has been around a while.

Is there a definitive fix so that the mouse will always scroll the left panel?
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: Lr5.6 Using Mouse Scroll in Catalog
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 02:26:23 pm »

Absolutely no problems like that here on any of my Windows machines.

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:00:09 pm »

I found this post http://www.lightroomforums.net/showthread.php?12365-Scrolling-Problems that details exactly the problem I am seeing. Apparently this is caused by an interaction of Lr, other software and the mouse drivers. Some people found solutions - none of them work or apply to me.

What is odd is that I think in the past I have seen this and also seen it go way. It's back now and I don't know how to fix it.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Remo Nonaz

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 08:09:37 pm »

Just upgraded to Lr5.7 and it is exactly the same. Weird.
Pages: [1]   Go Up