Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo Ultima 35 and 90mm APO Schneider for Sale $3000  (Read 3559 times)

WIFoto

Cambo Ultima 35 and 90mm APO Schneider for Sale $3000
« on: November 10, 2014, 04:39:46 pm »

Cambo Ultima 35 for Sale $3000

For sale is a Cambo Ultima 35. The Cambo Ultima is a beautifully crafted view camera that delivers a high degree of precision for all movements. It has many applications in landscape, product, architectural, commercial, and fine art photography. The Ultima has a full set of movements on both the front and rear standards allowing for comprehensive control of image perspective and focus plane. Each axis: swing, tilt, and shift is precision geared and marked off in millimeters or degrees.

Both the front and rear standards have a quick focus course adjustment and a geared fine focus. The monorail mounting puck moves up and down the monorail so you can achieve a nice balance while shooting.

This camera is set up to work with the Nikon D3 and D4 series of cameras (D3, D3s, D3x, D4, D4s) but can be easily adapted to other cameras.

The sale includes a 90mm 4.5 Schneider Apo Componon HM lens (early name for the current Schneider Apo Digitar) in a Copal shutter mounted in a Cambo board. The lens delivers very sharp images with extremely high contrast. It is really a remarkable optic.

Another feature of this 90mm Schneider lens is its large 90mm image circle. This is a big benefit as it provides generous room for shifts, swings, and tilts.

The Schneider lens’s large 90mm image circle also makes stitching fast and easy. You can stitch horizontality, vertically, or on both to create extremely high resolution images. Because the sensor moves around the lens image circle, the stitching process is fast and accurate as the lens is not changing perspective or alignment.

The camera is in wonderful condition. I don’t see a mark on it, so I will call it mint minus because it is used and you might find one. All the movements are precise and smooth.

Also included is a second Cambo lens board drilled for a Copal 0 shutter.

With accessories from Cambo (not included in the sale) the camera mount can be swapped in about 2 minutes using an Allen wrench for use with wide range of cameras including Canon D1, 7D, 5D, Sony A7 A7r, Nikon D800, D300, D90, D70 etc. See the Cambo site for specific details on other camera mount availability. Bellows are available for Canon, Sony E, and Mamiya camera. Lens boards are available for Mamiya 645, Hasselblad V, and of course Copal 0 and 1 shutters.

Also with accessories from Cambo (not included in the sale) the camera can be quickly converted for use with Medium Format Digital backs from Phase One, Leaf, and so on in a variety of camera mounts including Mamiya, Hasselblad H, Hasselblad V, Rollei Hy6, and Contax 645.

There are also kits available to convert the camera into a 4x5 view camera.

All of these changes are made in minutes using the aforementioned Allen wrench.

Included in sale:
Cambo Ultima 35 camera base with sliding tripod mounting puck
Nikon D3 / D4 series camera mounting block
Nikon mount wide angle bellows
Schneider 90mm 4.5 HM Apo lens in Copal 0 shutter mounted on Cambo lens board
Second Cambo lens board drilled for Copal 0 shutter.

I have a sequence of images showing the camera that is for sale with many of its possible movements.
http://paulg.zenfolio.com/p646873760

Not included in the sale is the Nikon D3x camera, the EL Nikkor on the extra lens board or the lens shade.

Optional Tripod Head
If you would like a sturdy geared tripod head to hold the camera, I will offer the Cambo purchaser a Manfrotto / Bogan 3263 head for $350 plus 15.00 shipping. The current Manfrotto 400 head sells for $799.00 at B&H. The tripod head has some cosmetic marks, but it works great. See a series of photos at:

http://paulg.zenfolio.com/p806416246

More details from Cambo:
www.cambo.com

Terms: I will accept PayPal if you cover any fees.  FedEx ground shipping and insurance to addresses in the USA is included. If you are located outside of the USA, let me know where you are and I will see if there are any extra shipping charges. I have successfully shipped photo and astronomy gear (my hobby) to Europe and Canada.

The camera is located in S.E. Wisconsin. You are welcome to inspect in person and pay cash.

I have a perfect track record on e-bay and on an astronomy web site for buying and selling. Contact me for details.

Please let me know if you have any questions. PM is best.

Cheers,
Paul
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:43:27 am by WIFoto »

WIFoto

Re: Cambo Ultima 35 and 90mm APO Schneider for Sale $3500
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 06:12:14 am »

Bump

WIFoto

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 10:25:02 am »

Bumping. Open to offers or Nikon trades.

WIFoto

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 07:42:11 am »

Bump $3000

WIFoto

Re: Cambo Ultima 35 and 90mm APO Schneider for Sale $3000
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 07:54:57 pm »

Up.

WIFoto

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 11:50:46 pm »

Bump

WIFoto

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 10:26:17 pm »

Up
Cambo and lens set $2500 plus shipping
Tripod head $250 plus shipping

WIFoto

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 01:29:05 pm »

Tripod head sold
Cambo system $2500 less any Pay Pal fees. Free Shipping to most locations worldwide.

maydavid

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 01:20:41 am »

Is the Combo Ultima 35 still for sale?
I am in Australia.

David May

WIFoto

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 07:58:16 am »

Hi David,
It is.
Can you please send me a PM with your city and postal code so I can research the shipping to you.

Sincerely,
Paul

WIFoto

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2015, 06:43:49 pm »

Sold
Pages: [1]   Go Up