Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900 and Breathing Color Lyve Matte Canvas ?  (Read 1512 times)

uintaangler

Epson 4900 and Breathing Color Lyve Matte Canvas ?
« on: November 08, 2014, 04:04:07 pm »

I am running my first roll of Canvas paper through my new Epson 4900 printer
Printing on Canvas is new to me and I have a couple of questions….

***I am a Mac user - Is this the correct ICC Profile:  BC_Lyve_x900_MK_Canvas.icc

*** One other question, when I go into the Menu on my 4900 and select "Paper Setup" and then "Paper Type" - none of the choices under any of the headings offers my a choice of CANVAS
*Photo paper
*Proofing paper
*Fine Art paper
*Matte paper

so what is the best Paper Type to select?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 06:58:10 pm by uintaangler »

huguito

Re: Epson 4900 and Breathing Color Lyve Matte Canvas ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 04:23:07 pm »

Go to Breathing Color website and look at the video for Lyve canvas.
If I remember correctly, at the bottom of the page is a data sheet with the settings you need

John V.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 07:17:11 pm »

Yeah it's kind of confusing.... Breathing Color has started to bundle all their icc profiles together in a zip file for whichever model printer you are using. http://www.breathingcolor.com/action/bc_icc_instructions/ walks you through the process of downloading that zip file plus how to set up the printer/driver... KIND OF...

The correct icc to use for Lyve canvas is "BC_Lyve_x900_MK_Canvas.icc" where "Canvas" indicates the proper media type to choose. However, like you said, there is no "canvas" setting on the 4900's panel. I BELIEVE the correct workaround for this is to set NO PAPER SELECTED on the printer itself, and then in the printer's driver set it to the CANVAS setting just prior to print. The settings in the the driver supersede the printer panel selections (I'm told). HOWEVER, again, in the printer driver, there are two different canvas settings that use MK ink. Fine Art paper>Exhibition Canvas Matte and Premium Canvas Matte. Which is the correct one to use? I BELIEVE I used Exhibition Canvas Matte (until I started creating my own profiles). You should just call Breathing Color.

And on a side note, BC instructs people to use "perceptual" as the rendering intent all across the board because it's a "safe bet," they told me. But it's really up to you/the particular image which is the best rendering intent to use.

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 09:29:08 am »

Measure your canvas after you print one. I had trouble with my 9900 using Lyve. The image would 'shrink' about 1/4" length-wise. BC sent me a new profile - can't remember what it's called but I can check on Tuesday when I'm back in the studio. That helped, but there was also an adjustment in the print module.  Under Advanced Media Control, the Paper Feed Adjustment was set at either -.25 or -25 = can't remember which but again, I can check on Tuesday. It may vary for the 4900 but this helped me get an accurate measurement on the output.
Mike Guilbault
Pages: [1]   Go Up