Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3200 Defective Ink Cartridge  (Read 9915 times)

Damir

Re: z3200 Defective Ink Cartridge
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2016, 03:37:24 am »

Hi Mark

Actually you are right, some cartridges work, some not, it is a mystery. But problem is that heads on HP have two channels. For example Magenta work on my printer but yellow not. I replace both of them with refillable cartridges. Those two inks use same head therefore I replaced them both in order to equalize pressure in printhead. Never the less, my first problem started with yellow, which become darker, than become orange,  and finally red – so conclusion is that magenta ink somehow get into the yellow part of printhead.

I replaced that printhead with new one, and suddenly yellow ink is completely missing. I put back original ink cartridges, and it started to work flawlessly.

I got similar problem with Light cyan Light magenta – LM is working, LC shows only traces of ink – both of them refillable cartridges, with original ink cartridges both channels deliver ink without the problem. Also with combination of Gloss Enhancer – Gray, where gray area of print show severe banding.

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2016, 03:57:31 am »

Ultimately, I'd prefer to use current HP cartridges and avoid trouble.

Mark

My approach too. Mark, I do hope you mentioned the larger cart acceptance to the HP Barcelona man as a new feature for an upgraded Z3200-PS model?
6 or 7 ink 300 ML cartridges of the Z5200/Z5400 fit in the Z3200 bays when the doors stay open. Among them the inks that empty the fastest. I usually buy a 130ml Z3200 cart + a 300 ML cart of that type. Let the 130ML go first and then take the chip panel off and put it on the big cart. Kept this a secret for some time but with the Photokina 2016 approaching and your messages it is time to let Barcelona decide whether it could become a feature. Doors of the Z5400 are ugly but at least cover the bigger carts.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots

John Nollendorfs

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2016, 12:05:07 pm »

YES Ernst!!!!
We have been successfully utilizing HP772 carts (300 ml) for the Yellow, LtGray, and black cartriges, by swapping out the bottom cap of a HP70 cart before it registers totally empty. Of course, you have to manually check the ink levels by weighing the carts periodically.

John Nollendorfs

tonywong

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2016, 05:15:03 pm »

Asking a dumb question about the swapping of chip from the 130mL cart to the 300mL cart...how does the printer know how full the cart is?

I am assuming you are using the 130mL cart until the reading is close to empty, and then swapping the chip into the 300mL cart, but wouldn't the printer tell you the 300mL cart is near empty too? Does the z3200 (z3100?) allow you to keep printing past what it thinks is empty?

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2016, 06:12:00 pm »

The printer tells you the cart is near empty till the last ml of the 300 flows from the cart.

Ernst, op de lei getypt.

Mark Lindquist

• it’s not about the photos we take - it’s the ones we leave
    • LINDQUIST STUDIOS
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2016, 07:41:55 pm »

My approach too. Mark, I do hope you mentioned the larger cart acceptance to the HP Barcelona man as a new feature for an upgraded Z3200-PS model?
6 or 7 ink 300 ML cartridges of the Z5200/Z5400 fit in the Z3200 bays when the doors stay open. Among them the inks that empty the fastest. I usually buy a 130ml Z3200 cart + a 300 ML cart of that type. Let the 130ML go first and then take the chip panel off and put it on the big cart. Kept this a secret for some time but with the Photokina 2016 approaching and your messages it is time to let Barcelona decide whether it could become a feature. Doors of the Z5400 are ugly but at least cover the bigger carts.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
January 2016 update, 700+ inkjet media white spectral plots

Thank you Ernst-

Mark
Mark Lindquist
http://z3200.com, http://MarkLindquistPhotography.com
Lindquist Studios.com

Damir

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2016, 02:55:46 am »

I use the same system. I suppose that it may depend on the firmware, but once I use bottom cap of 130 ml cartridge on 300 ml cartridge I can use same bottom all over again, no need to buy new 130 ml cartridge ever again.

After some time my printer show message "altered" instead of ink level, when it reach that stage chip is ready for use as many time as you need.

Anyway I wanted to use all that ink that I collect for reffiling ProB 9180. I also prefer to use genuine HP cartridges and stay away from the trouble, especially now when I know that refillable cartridges cause trouble :-)

Damir

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 08:43:34 am »

Here you can find interesting pictures of what is inside HP ink cartridge:

http://www.continuousink.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4194

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up