Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro and Nikon D810; when will NON-generic D810 ICC profiles be available?  (Read 6090 times)

Ligament

Howdy,

Any idea when NON generic D810 ICC profiles will be built into C1P?

Until then, which profiles tend to be favored? D810 generic, D800e non-generic, IQ250?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

I don't understand the question.  C1 has only had the 1 default profile for each camera be it Nikon or Phase or other. The non Phase One camera profiles mostly have the name generic.  I don't see Phase zone creating any other profiles. You can create your own and import it or import someone else's under the "other" tab. 

LR does offer more profiles for most cameras other than the default.

Paul
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

deejjjaaaa

I don't understand the question.  C1 has only had the 1 default profile for each camera be it Nikon or Phase or other.

it is not so - some cameras (besides P1 own solutions) have more than one profile supplied by P1... for example my A7 has 2 (generic, standard) and my E-M1 has 2 (generic, generic v2) ... Standard is due to P1's decision to make a special version for Sony owners and generic V2 for E-M1 is due to the fact the v1 was apparently a sloppy job.

PS: logically if P1 intends to position C1 as LR competition (and it never hurts to have an alternative source of income) then eventually they shall come up with profiles imitating various OOC JPG profiles, like Adobe did (and expanded from C&N to C&N&S to C&N&S&F&O)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:03:02 am by deejjjaaaa »

Ligament

it is not so - some cameras (besides P1 own solutions) have more than one profile supplied by P1... for example my A7 has 2 (generic, standard) and my E-M1 has 2 (generic, generic v2) ... Standard is due to P1's decision to make a special version for Sony owners and generic V2 for E-M1 is due to the fact the v1 was apparently a sloppy job.

PS: logically if P1 intends to position C1 as LR competition (and it never hurts to have an alternative source of income) then eventually they shall come up with profiles imitating various OOC JPG profiles, like Adobe did (and expanded from C&N to C&N&S to C&N&S&F&O)

Yes, this is what I am referring to "generic" vs. "Standard" C1 profiles for the D810. thanks.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Yes, this is what I am referring to "generic" vs. "Standard" C1 profiles for the D810. thanks.

Hi,

Why not create your own? The C1 Color Editor allows to modify the Generic Profile for your needs, and save that as a new profile. It allows to use real images, or synthetic targets, or whatever rocks one's boat for the creation of modified ICC profiles.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

deejjjaaaa

The C1 Color Editor allows to modify
Adobe DNG PE allows too, but...

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Adobe DNG PE allows too, but...

... but it isn't a Capture One ICC profile.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

deejjjaaaa

... but it isn't a Capture One ICC profile.
it is about P1 creating extra profiles - not about icc vs dcp.... Adobe has a tool that allows uses to play with profiles, yet they created extra profiles because of the market demand (that is from some ACR/LR users - apparently a significant for Adobe amount to consider, even for Fuji or Olympus cameras... but then once technology to produce is established it does not take a lot of their time) - now if P1 wants a piece of that (LR) pie it is logical to assume that they also get the same users who will be asking for the same... plus average joe is not expected to create as "good" (placebo effect, etc excluding) profile as some paid professional(s) employed by P1 and supplied by all kind of individually profiled targets, calibrated spectrophotometers and monochromators and you name it (including software developers to write whatever code is necessary to support the process).
Pages: [1]   Go Up