Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PDN PhotoPlus 2014 products for 35mm cameras  (Read 822 times)

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
PDN PhotoPlus 2014 products for 35mm cameras
« on: November 07, 2014, 01:03:05 am »

In case you don't make it over to the medium format forums, I hope you enjoy my PDN PhotoPlus coverage which has a couple of interesting products for 35mm camera users. These are the Cambo Actus and the Arca-Swiss Universalis which offer a view camera experience (and features) to 35mm cameras, especially when coupled with powerful cameras like the Sony A7r / A7s these little view cameras can pack a punch and don't have to be used with expensive medium format digital lenses, but can get a lot out of relatively affordable medium format lenses (with their large image circles) for stitching and perspective control purposes.

Given that there aren't any compact tilt-shift lenses for mirror-less systems, and there are relatively few focal lengths available for standard tilt-shift lenses from Canon and Nikon these miniature view cameras could be worth a look. It's also nice that they have expandability into medium format without the need to buy a whole new system (simply changing the rear standard or mounting plate).

You can read more about them on my website AND watch full-videos presented by representatives of the manufacturers on my website;

http://brianhirschfeldphotography.com/2014/11/07/pdn-photoplus-2014-coverage/

Hope you enjoy.

Best,
BH
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

NancyP

Re: PDN PhotoPlus 2014 products for 35mm cameras
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 11:05:59 am »

Thank you, sounds interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up