Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iview MediaPro  (Read 2766 times)

dudewad1

Iview MediaPro
« on: December 06, 2005, 03:40:33 pm »

I'm testing out the demo of Iview MediaPro v.3.01 and  have encountered some odd behavior.  I have cataloged my images and everything is fine.  But once I exit and restart later, none of the images show up in thumbnail, media view, slideshow, etc.  The filename appear as well as all associated data, but the images are blank, as if all my photos went black.  I discovered that if I import my top-level image folder again, everything re-appears.  But it is not actually importing anything, there is no time lag, because everything has already been imported.  I'd like to skip this step and see my images immediately upon starting.  Does anyone know the problem?
Thanks.

woolous

Iview MediaPro
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 04:10:38 pm »

Hi,

If these are multi layer Photoshop files then you will need to re-save them with "maximize compatibility" turned on. iView Media needs the resulting composite view in order to build the thumbnails and to display in the view mode.

There is a write up abou this on the iView website about this. It is the only down side I have found when using the tool with Photoshop files.

Cheers, louie

dudewad1

Iview MediaPro
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 04:50:42 pm »

If these are multi layer Photoshop files then you will need to re-save them with "maximize compatibility" turned on. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=52935\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Louie,

I've already got photoshop configured with maximize compatibility.  And that wouldn't explain why they show up when I initially import them...  I'm stumped on this one.  I've been using Extensis Portfolio but the "tab" method of opening new windows over each other drives me crazy - Iview handles this much better.  But then again, Portfolio shows my thumbnails...

Thanks,
Greg
Pages: [1]   Go Up