Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: epson I am done and why  (Read 2786 times)

dseelig

epson I am done and why
« on: November 05, 2014, 02:52:19 pm »

I have an epson 3880 that died two problems stuck valve leaking out the photo black and a head blew. I went to the Javits Photo Plus show. After being told who to talk to I did, I was informed well you live in a dry climate it will happen after two and a half years? I have a thousand dollar paper weight. I kept it polite and was told to call epson cusotmer relations. I already had and they were not offering any deal. I was told no one there could really help. I told them I have had over 5 epson printers including the 7600 .They told me well write your story down someone will cal you. I did not really happy and told them "people come to shows like this to solve there problems" I was told I would be called by Wensday today. I showed up at there booth a day later  hoping ot find someone that could help heard this statement form an epson customer service worker, "you again." It was said with total disdain.

howardm

Re: epson I am done and why
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 03:02:02 pm »

while I sympathize with your plight, they are NOT there to fix your problem.  They are working what is no doubt, a busy show and have limited bandwidth or ability to play tech support.  They are sales and marketing.  That doesn't excuse possible unprofessional behavior but conversely, your attitude may have had some part to play in it.

Jglaser757

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 04:03:53 pm »

I feel your pain,,but the printer is so damn cheap and ink is so expensive you could have sold the printer on ebay and purchased a new one for almost the cost of a complete package of ink. I learned the hardway too!!

dseelig

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 05:58:30 pm »

I was totally professional and no raised voice no pinting out to other patrons of the show at there booth what was going on. It was truly sad when I had various issues at the show with other companies they all made efforts to take car eof me only epson pulled the crap they did, I will be getting rid of my spare ink and if anyone here wants the printer for parts contact me.

dseelig

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 10:32:18 pm »

One more thing at the show they said fill out this form someone will contact you on Wednesday today well it is 8:30 pm no calls

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 11:02:30 pm »

While I don't doubt your frustration and difficulties with your printer-----going to a Photo Show is probably the last place I'd go to for service or to initiate a service call.  No excuse for Epson failing to contact you, though I'd be questioning the ability or earnest efforts of the photo show rep to make sure your contact information was passed along to the right people. 

Try try try again....

dseelig

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 11:38:31 pm »

I had already talked with customer relations twice and am really done I wanted someone at the show to at least tell me the right higher up to talk even after the show with frankly I am really done. B&H had a show special of the canon pixma pro 1 for 400 bucks with some paper. Several fine art guys told me get this printer so I ordered it already. I did not expect a free printer hoped for a good discount on a new one or a refurb. Epson is so big in printing I do not think they care  and I know several higher ups at canon and I have a surprisingly reliable hp z 3100 for large prints.

dseelig

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 04:02:34 pm »

KD they ahd one form to fill out if problems and were taking statements form many. I have still not been called a week and a half after I was told I would be called, and of coarse no longer expect to be called.

chez

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 06:43:52 pm »

While I don't doubt your frustration and difficulties with your printer-----going to a Photo Show is probably the last place I'd go to for service or to initiate a service call.  No excuse for Epson failing to contact you, though I'd be questioning the ability or earnest efforts of the photo show rep to make sure your contact information was passed along to the right people. 

Try try try again....

I do a lot of trade shows not in the photo business...but we get a lot of people coming in to talk about service. We actually now have service personnel at the show to handle these people.

Why is it that you think service should not be talked about at a show. One of the most important aspects of a company is how it's aftermarket and service departments function. When I buy something, that is one critical factor in my decision process.

Benny Profane

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 08:59:18 am »

Those poor Canon guys at Javits in five years are going to be rolling their eyes.

dseelig

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 06:39:18 pm »

If I get 5 years out of this printer I will be very happy. Besides I know people at Canon who will take care of me if I haver a problem and Canon prints are rated to last londer then Epson. Just amazed I never got a call back from Epson.

bellimages

• http://www.bellimages.com
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2014, 08:27:28 pm »

You sound pretty bitter with Epson. And you say that you know someone at Canon who will take care of you. If I were you, then I'd go that route. Sell your Epson if you're unhappy.

Do keep one thing in mind. Epson employees (who work trade shows) are being paid to SELL products. Dealing with service problems is not their focus. Additionally, a trade show is an environment in and of itself. Workers all share a common area. It's not like they each have an office desk. It could be that the employee simply lost your note ... and therefore could not call you. Epson has a service tech department to handle service issues. They are polite and generally helpful. Although they usually can't fix a clogging issue.
Jan Bell, Owner/Photographer, Bell Image

dseelig

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 10:59:13 pm »

Actually they had a common form that I gilled out and all the notes went to the same place. Maybe they lost everything maybe they jsut dealt with the easy problems there was just such an arrogance there. I do feel a little bitter we help build a company a name then when they get big no longer care. Might be modern life does not mean I have to like it
Pages: [1]   Go Up