Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrong profiling for the Sony RX100?  (Read 9414 times)

deejjjaaaa

Re: Wrong profiling for the Sony RX100?
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 05:23:16 pm »

Oh, OK, that goes beyond my skills

absolutely not...  everybody can do simple profiles

1) www.rawdigger.com = u need a profile edition (albeit the trial shall work, during trial period)
2) makeinputicc = http://sail2ithaki.livejournal.com/188062.html (that allows you not to bother with argyll command line stuff)
3) for C1, gamma = 1.8 ... I guess that goes from the very ancient times of C1 v0.00

using rawdigger you don't need to use C1 itself to prepare .tiff, rawdigger allows you to work off raw file directly making cgats file

sankos

• Why matters
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 06:26:11 am »

So, I finally found some time to make my own icc profiles for the RX100, using RawDigger and the MakeInputICC wrapper. However, I can't seem to make cLUT profiles that are of any use, so I have to stick to using the gamma + matrix profiles. They come out neutral but then you can't use the colour editor in C1. I also tried working from the default C1 profile and tweak it in colour editor to produce an icc this way, but I still haven't been able to figure out a successful universal correction recipe this way. Ultimately, I tend to choose the custom-made profiles and forgo the advanced colour correction, which is a pity because it's a more powerful tool than what you get with LR. Oh, well, at least you can control WB, Saturation, Levels and Curves to affect your global colours this way. It'd be great if curves rgb adjustments could be applied locally...

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 10:40:24 am »

They come out neutral but then you can't use the colour editor in C1.
you can try to inject some dummy lut into icc profile, so that C1 color editor will work ( http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3024740 )... granted as it is working with that lut you can't be promised great results...
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 10:42:37 am by deejjjaaaa »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up