Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OS X Yosemite and CS6 Bridge  (Read 2722 times)

trentf

OS X Yosemite and CS6 Bridge
« on: November 03, 2014, 10:45:15 am »

I think this is the correct section to post this....

I updated to Yosemite last night and everything runs fine except CS6 Bridge.  It crashes when a new folder is opened.   When I open the hard drive where the image folder is Bridge does great loading that content.  Then when I click on a new folder,  it will start its process,  5 or 6 images in it crashes...

Any thoughts on how to fix this?  Thank you in advance

francois

Re: OS X Yosemite and CS6 Bridge
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:37:08 am »

No idea how to fix it but on my Mac, Bridge CS6 works perfectly.
Francois

trentf

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 10:41:51 am »

Its pretty strange.  It is only CS6 not 5..... 

francois

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 10:50:54 am »

Have you tried to log-in as a different user and see whether Bridge crashes or not?
Francois

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 02:24:42 pm »

You can try resetting Bridge preferences. Close Bridge, hold down Command-Option-Shift (PC: Control-Alt-Shift) and then launch Bridge again. A dialog will appear asking what you want to do. Turn on the Reset Preferences checkbox and click OK. Now when Bridge appears, the preferences are factory-fresh.

Another thing to look at is the Bridge image cache. From your description it sounds like it may be corrupted.

Gerald J Skrocki

trentf

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 03:25:05 pm »

Thank you for the input...  I did what you suggested and it still crashes.  If I open a hard drive for example it shows the contents perfect, but once I open a folder and it shows the file names,  it crashes.   I dont know what to do.

francois

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 04:15:14 am »

Now, if preferences have been reset then I'd try to see if some error messages are displayed in the console (/Applications/utilities/Console.app) before/during/after the crash.

Did you contact the Adobe helpline?
Francois

trentf

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 07:42:52 am »

I posted on the Adobe help forum,  no one replied.  I have not contacted them directly.  Which I may have to do. 

I looked at the console,  to be honest I dont understand what I am looking at.   I do see a lot of messages mentioning the Gestalt selector.  Here is an example

11/4/14 2:02:09.645 PM Adobe Bridge CS6[1099]: WARNING: The Gestalt selector gestaltSystemVersion is returning 10.9.0 instead of 10.10.0. Use NSProcessInfo's operatingSystemVersion property to get correct system version number.
Call location:

francois

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 10:52:57 am »

I also have a lot of warmings with The Gestalt Selector gestaltSystemVersion… (even with Apple Mail) and Bridge doesn't crash.

I guess that you bet bet is to contact Adobe directly. I'm sorry for not being very helpful.

Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up