Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need help with scratch disk -CS6  (Read 1882 times)

roa5100xx

need help with scratch disk -CS6
« on: November 02, 2014, 01:29:37 pm »

Hi,

Performance preferences - scratch disk will not keep my selection for scratch drive. It will go back to my main drive when I close and reopen photoshop cs6.

How can I fix this? Re-installing preferences makes no difference. do I need to re-install photoshop?

Herbert

TonyW

Re: need help with scratch disk -CS6
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 07:36:01 pm »

Have you tried changing the order of scratch disk?

They should be listed in order of preference top of the list main scratch disk followed by others as required.  Should you wish to use your main drive as well it should be at the bottom of the list, although you may find it better to deselect so it will not be used

roa5100xx

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 10:51:34 pm »

Hi,
My main drive is de-selected, but after opening CS6, it is the only drive I the scratch list. This just started about 1 week ago.

Herbert

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 05:09:02 am »

There's a typo in your last post.  Are you saying that the main drive is the only drive in the list to select for scratch drives?
Assuming that the other drive(s) are on line and available it may be that somehow they have changed to removable drives in Windows (not sure about the mac).  In windows a removable drive will not show in the list as an option to choose for the scratch disk.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 02:15:35 pm »

Do you start photoshop without this scratch disk mounted sometimes? Not sure what PS does in this case but may disable that drive as a scratch drive if it is missing.

roa5100xx

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 02:16:25 pm »

Hi,
Yes, my main drive (C:) is the only drive listed. All other drive are working.

Herbert

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 02:36:24 pm »

OK, so go into Disk Management and see if they have somehow been changed to removable drives.  PS should see them if they are permanent drives but I tested with a USB drive and it doesn't show up in PS.
My next step if that shows nothing useful would be to reinstall PS.

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 02:14:10 pm »

Before going through the process of deactivating, uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop, try deleting Photoshop preferences. This forces Photoshop to reestablish preference settings which may have been corrupted. Hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys (Mac: Command, Option, Shift) while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file. 
Gerald J Skrocki
Pages: [1]   Go Up