Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Retiring my Epson 4900  (Read 1847 times)

DibDabDob

Retiring my Epson 4900
« on: November 01, 2014, 11:28:33 am »

Hi all,

I'm finally ready to retire this problematic Epson 4900. I love the quality of the prints it has made, but the relentless clogging is just too much. I've already had it replaced once, but my warranty ran out and now it's useless. One of the print heads has become so clogged that it won't even communicate with the computer anymore. At least, I think that's what is happening.

Now, does anyone know the best thing to do with a defunct Epson 4900?! I'll call Epson on Monday and see if they'll take it back, but beyond that, this thing is enormous and I have no idea how to properly dispose of it.

If anyone wants it for parts, or half full ink cartridges, or any other reason, let me know. I'm in Brooklyn, NY.

Also, I'm thinking of replacing it with an Epson Artisan 1430. I am not actually a photographer, but a textile designer, and I use the printer for making high quality, flat, matte prints of textile designs for my clients in the apparel industry. My volume of work has gone way down since I had a baby, and I don't need an enormous clunker of a printer taking up so much space. Has anyone had experience with the Artisan 1430?

Thanks!

pluton

Re: Retiring my Epson 4900
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 08:55:37 pm »

Look at getting an Epson 3880 if you make many(100's to 1000's) prints.
Does your locality have a local E-Waste dropoff center?

jferrari

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 10:38:04 pm »

Congrats on the baby! List the printer (pick up only. no shipping) on eBay for what it is and take a couple of hundred for it.     - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

JimmySalmon

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 05:49:45 pm »

Mine is going to Best Buy tomorrow.  They will unload it and salvage it for parts. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up