Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Currently recommended menu settings on 7900  (Read 431 times)

Dan Wells

Currently recommended menu settings on 7900
« on: October 30, 2014, 02:19:14 pm »

I just installed a new 7900 this morning - I've used (and liked) both Canons and Epsons over the years, and went Epson this time largely because of the support up here (Vermont) - I also liked the straight paper path and robust cutter, because I plan on doing a good deal of media experimentation.

What are the currently recommended menu settings for these machines? I know that, shortly after their introduction, people were generally turning off the automatic checking and cleaning , but that newer firmware may have improved that situation, so I'm not clear what the best setting is right now?

Also, what's best practice on turning the 7900 on and off? I know to power it on and off from the front panel, and NEVER to turn it off from a wall switch (so it can cap itself properly), but should it be left on if it's a few hours between prints? A couple of days? A week? I know Canons want to stay on, but I don't know what Epsons prefer?

Dan

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Currently recommended menu settings on 7900
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 09:16:02 pm »

I have had a 7900 for 2 years, it's a great printer. I leave it on all the time, with few interruptions. I don't know about the "capping" you mention, but I have left the menu settings at the defaults. I never had a serious clog. I keep it covered with a plastic sheet all of the time, except when printing, and I run a nozzle check a couple of times a week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up