Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 and lightroom Print length issues  (Read 1092 times)

BrandonTBrown

Epson 9900 and lightroom Print length issues
« on: October 29, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »

Hi all,

Ive had some intermittent trouble printing longer prints with my Epson 9900, through Lightroom.

Every few times I print a longer (5'+) print my machine will just print a 1" border and then cut the sheet..... 55" or so through a 60" print. Ive tried using a shorter cable, thinking that may be the issue..but no imporvement.

Anybody had this issue ? can someone help PLEASE ?!

jferrari

Re: Epson 9900 and lightroom Print length issues
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 07:03:19 pm »

In LightRoom:

Page Setup: Paper Size: 44 x 60; Paper Source: Roll; Orientation: Portrait

That should do it. I printed one 111" a few weeks ago no sweat.   - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 07:36:49 pm »

Are you using a custom paper size?  What you describe frequently happens when setting up a custom size and transposing the width and the height.  The width is the paper width not the print width.  So as suggested, paper size width 44", length whatever length you want the printer to cut, and then use orientation (portrait/width) to orient the image correctly.

BrandonTBrown

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:20:39 pm »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses.

I am using a custom paper size, and the image certainly fits inside the dimensions I've laid out. The image cant be sized larger than the paper size.

In all honesty I have never even selected the orientation, as I just set the custom paper size for the roll that I have in the machine, and then rotate my images and nest them according to the width and length of the paper.

I have been using Roll Paper - Banner, and if memory serves me correctly that's because the first time the issue happened it was set to Roll Paper, and I just wanted to try something different and it worked at the time.

This morning I printed two 38x44" Pieces, which were portrait images, laid out on a custom paper size that had a length of 70" or so (I know its way too long but I was in the room ready to just cancel the print job when the end of the image printed, and knew I was about to print a 66" image), and they printed perfectly. Using the same custom paper size I put in a 30" wide print - 66" long with a couple smaller images nested along the side, and it cut the sheet after about 58-60". Does that not seem bizarre ?

I turned the computer off, the printer off, and unplugged the cable. Turned it all back on 5 minutes later and the print came out just fine.

I will try using the orientation and keeping an eye on what changes when the random cuts seem to happen.

:/

jferrari

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 11:04:57 pm »

Glad to hear you were able to get the work out, Brandon. Just a thought - where you seem to be having weird, intermittent issues, you might try ensuring that all other ancillary processes are turned off. Like browsers, email, instant messaging, etc. Might help, might not. Best of luck!    - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up