Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installed C1Pro 8 - Won't read existing catalogs  (Read 4573 times)

geezerhood

Installed C1Pro 8 - Won't read existing catalogs
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:53:11 pm »

Is there something special I need to do other than to install C1Pro 8, select the catalog (from C1Pro 7) I want to use, let C1P8 "convert" it and then go?

I did that and I can't access any of my images in the catalog. It shows X number of images are supposed to be in there but zero will show up in C1P8 no matter what I click on including:

Show all images
Recent imports
Various folders that are in the catalog
the ratings groups

After trying everything I can think of to view the images, I give up and quit the program. It takes about an hour to quit with a dialog box on the screen that says "Saving......"

Running on Windows 8, i5 processor, 8 gigs ram, 3 tb hd.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:46:12 pm by geezerhood »

allegretto

Re: Installed C1Pro 8 - Won't read existing catalogs
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 11:01:16 am »

I'll assume all filters are off? Are you moving the files or leaving them where they are. Can you open the images in an explorer?

If so... you could contact Cust Ser. @ C1. I don't find them always useless, just most of the time. You may get lucky

Is there something special I need to do other than to install C1Pro 8, select the catalog (from C1Pro 7) I want to use, let C1P8 "convert" it and then go?

I did that and I can't access any of my images in the catalog. It shows X number of images are supposed to be in there but zero will show up in C1P8 no matter what I click on including:

Show all images
Recent imports
Various folders that are in the catalog
the ratings groups

After trying everything I can think of to view the images, I give up and quit the program. It takes about an hour to quit with a dialog box on the screen that says "Saving......"

Running on Windows 8, i5 processor, 8 gigs ram, 3 tb hd.

geezerhood

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:29:42 pm »

Thanks for the suggestions on things to check.

Yes, all filters off. I can view the files in Explorer. My C1Pro7 catalog was referencing images where they were stored. It took over 3 hours to convert the 7 catalog to 8, which seemed excessive. I could see some thumbnails of some images, other image boxes were blank, but the file name info was not showing on any of htem. Clicking on them did nothing, no image in the main view window, unable to edit anything.

Anyway, I deleted the "converted" catalog, removed C1Pro8, reinstalled it, re-converted the C1Pro7 catalog and now it seems to be working OK. The conversion to 8 took a lot less time though I didn't track it, maybe 45 minutes? (11,000 images)

allegretto

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 04:11:06 pm »

alls well that ends well, I guess

But these are some of the things that drive users crazy

Sometimes it works as expected... sometimes... not

Pages: [1]   Go Up