Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no detail on Moab 300 gr/natural  (Read 6047 times)

Giedo

no detail on Moab 300 gr/natural
« on: December 01, 2005, 04:56:51 am »

Just got some 300 grs Moab Entrada natural. I have a profile for the Entrada natural 190grs, so I thought I could try the thicker paper too...
Prints don't look good at all! Too much red and worse: the printer doesn't seem to be able to get all the detail on paper...

The user manual of the printer says not to switch the handle of the print head to the right (only for envelopes, etc.)
Anyone has experience with this situation?

Regards, Giedo
Giedo

photopat

• http://
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 12:12:33 pm »

Giedo.
About  why the print looks to red, I have no answer .
I only have  questions....
1.Are you using the same settings as you are when printing on the 190g??.
2.Are you printing the same Image???and the 300g comes out more red???
3.Do you have a calibrated display???

the printer doesn't seem to be able to get all the detail on paper...

The user manual of the printer says not to switch the handle of the print head to the right (only for envelopes, etc.)
Anyone has experience with this situation?

What printer are you using???
Normally(if you're on a Epson 2100/2200)when printing an thick media(300g is what I call thick)
You need to load the paper from the "rear" moving the "slider/handle" way down to the bottom(the same mode as you use when printing on cd's)

Then when the paper is in "place",Move the "slider/handle" to the "envelope" position

Patrick.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 12:17:42 pm by photopat »

Giedo

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 04:25:13 am »

1.Are you using the same settings as you are when printing on the 190g??.
2.Are you printing the same Image???and the 300g comes out more red???
3.Do you have a calibrated display???
answers: yes, yes, yes. Strange, isn't it?

I'm using a Canon i9100.
You need to load the paper from the "rear" moving the "slider/handle" way down to the bottom(the same mode as you use when printing on cd's)

Then when the paper is in "place",Move the "slider/handle" to the "envelope" position
I don't think my printer has a separate loading dock for thicker paper, envelopes or cd's, but I have a handle that I can move to an 'envelope position' I guess I have to use that.
Thx for your response.
Giedo
Giedo

photopat

• http://
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 05:08:12 am »

I don't know why I asked you about what printer you used,when it's written in your question...lol..

I have no knowledge when it comes to canon printers so I can't help you on that one...sorry.
However 300g is pretty thick and if you have the option for "envelope"setting .It might be what you have to use when printing on this paper...(Canon users please step in... and help out)
Or the printer you have might not support "thick" paper....

Where did you get the profile for the 190g from???
I visited Moabs homepage and only found Epson profiles there..But it should make no difference if you have(a accurate) profile if you use 190 or 300g paper(since they don't have different profiles for different weights themself).

My guess though is that the reason that you don't get all the details on the paper(300g) is the same reason why it's printing more red.

If the printer is not "able" to print those detail (on the 300g)you get when printing on the 190g
It's most likley that some ink is not layed down  correctly on the print ,thereby the loss of details and
a more red print....

Patrick
Pages: [1]   Go Up